Software Application Developer
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThis is our storyWe are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. The CNN TeamWe are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN. At CNN Digital we are leading the charge in transforming the way people consume CNN content. We are a team of innovative, forward thinking, creative individuals focused on creating the best possible user experience connecting hundreds of millions of people to the news and information they care about. As a member of the CNN Digital Apps team, you’ll drive feature development on Native Android/iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, and Samsung TV.See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Keep reading if:
- You’re driven to build intuitive experiences that start with the customer.
- You embrace change and innovation, always seeking to push the boundaries and are comfortable challenging the status-quo.
- You LOVE technology and learning new things.
- Perform complex application design and programming activities in the latest techniques
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Designers, and other developers on different permutations to find the best solution possible
- Deliver solutions to production that knock everyone’s socks off
- Let your voice be heard by actively and comfortably engaging in group conversations, both small and large
- Influence and contribute to the group dialog and incorporate feedback and communication from the broader team
- Be an active advocate of the platforms (iOS, Android, React Native) through both internal and external developer communities
- Actively engage with developers outside of the local sprint team across various disciplines (Android, iOS, APIs, Web, etc.) and throughout the application stack
- Implement new feature development, maintain existing codebases, extending SDKs, and integrating third party SDKs
- Participate in design sessions with architect and other platform developers to create solutions that will be consistent and in parity across all platforms where our features live
- Provide cross-platform code reviews to ensure the final products adhere to the original design
- Provide level of effort estimates and participate in planning sessions with leads and project management to plan upcoming releases of each feature
- Assist in the hiring of top engineering talent and maintaining our commitment to diversity and inclusion
- 3+ years’ experience developing production applications
- Experience with Git is required
- Strong communication and customer interaction skills
- Strong knowledge of Mobile App environments
- Experience and interest with Video
- Knowledge and interest in video streaming protocols
- Agile Development experience
- 4-year college degree, or equivalent experience
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical