UX Researcher - HBO Max
United States - Washington - Seattle
Mar. 26, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.
WarnerMedia is a global media company that delivers premium content and operates one of
the world’s largest TV, Film & Interactive Studios that has brought you some of the most iconic
franchises from HBO, Turner, Warner Bros, Otter Media including: Game of Thrones, Aquaman,
The Sopranos, Scooby-Doo, True Detective, Austin Powers, Friends, Lord of the Rings,
Batman, Westworld, DC Comics, Teen Titans, Wonder Woman, The Flintstones, Harry Potter,
The Matrix, The Big Bang Theory, and more.
WarnerMedia Technology is launching HBO Max , an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming
service which will bring together the breadth and depth of WarnerMedia’s content, including
broadcast and cable TV, film studios, interactive & immersive content, distinguished news &
entertainment reporting and much more - all in one digital destination.
At HBO Digital Products, we believe in clear, honest, and immersive design and that these values can be achieved only through thoughtful and deliberate attention to detail, meaningful collaboration, and a fervent regard for our brand and our customers. For these reasons, we see the role of UX Researcher as much more than lab time and number crunching. Instead we seek people who can truly collaborate with UX designers and engineers to research and create premium interactive experiences. We are looking for problem-solvers, connectors, and explorers who constantly pursue better, smarter, and faster ways to bring delight and value to our customers.
As a UX Researcher, you will work on the overall product experience and feature initiatives from concept-to-launch for our streaming experiences. The ideal candidate will take into account business objectives, user needs, human factors engineering, and industry best practices to inform decisions and will deftly balance tactical implementation with big-picture strategic thinking.
- Work with product team leads to identify and prioritize research aligned with the product roadmap.
- Plan and conduct research within an Agile UX framework including, project scoping, scheduling, budgeting, staffing, recruiting, legal logistics, technical logistics, study moderation, data analysis, reporting, and team communication.
- Study responsibilities include coordination, recruiting assistance, study session moderation, data capture, data analysis, reporting, and communicating results.
- Include a bi-coastal team and stakeholders in the research process, and support integrating research findings into the iterative design process.
- Ensure high quality data and robust data analysis.
- Turn data into actionable insights and share with cross-functional teams.
- Assist with vetting and project management of research work provided by vendors.
- Consult on human factors, UCD best practices, and recommend research activities.
- Help grow the UXR team's expertise, explore new ways to discover user insights, acquire new tools and resources for the lab, and evangelize best practices.
- Proficiency with data analytics with the ability to connect findings to user feedback and work with data scientists to create and test hypotheses.
- Experience planning and conducting user research considering an international audience.
But Wait, There’s More!• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands