Senior Game Designer
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Canada - Quebec - Montreal
Mar. 03, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit OverviewAbout WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames.
Opportunity OverviewWB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Game Designer with a strong technical background who will be responsible for AI development. His tasks will be related to AI systems and the design and implementation of enemy characters. The ideal candidate will be required to communicate and act as a point of reference for these tasks, and ensure that design documentation is clear, easily usable and aligned with the high-level direction provided by the Creative Director and Game Director. The Senior AI Game Designer may also be involved in other disciplines such as animation, modeling, visual effects, programming and audio.
- Takes ownership of AI design, makes a plan for how it should be used in game, and works closely with the Programming, Animation, Modeling and Level Design teams to drive development towards the vision laid out by the Game Director and Creative Director
- Implements game content using the in-house engine tools and scripting languages
- Creates and maintains living design documentation in line with the project's schedule, and that accurately conveys all necessary information to the Design, Art and Programming teams
- Displays leadership and organizational skills. Guides and mentors associate designers, and coordinates multiple disciplines working on the assigned task
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
- AI design experience on at least one successful AAA title.
- At least 7 years of game design experience required.
- Shipped multiple console/PC titles in some capacity.
- A passion for playing and making video games.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is preferred
- Understanding of gameplay flow and scripting.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience with Unreal Editor considered an asset.
- Ability to translate game concepts into on-screen gameplay required.
- Art or engineering skills are considered an asset.
- Willing to commit to the team in terms of time and effort given.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.