CNN Integrated Promotion Scheduler
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Mar. 19, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThis is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Integrated Promotion Scheduler's role is critical to the daily operation of the Creative Marketing department; its key function is to ensure promo messages within programming are delivered as directed by management in order to raise awareness and drive viewers to CNN's linear programming.
- Create, execute, and maintain in-show elements to increase awareness and viewership by utilizing iNews/VIZrt
- Provide daily promotional priorities/guidance to Editorial teams and Technical Operations based on Marketing strategy
- Collaborate with internal creative teams as well as Graphics, Editorial, and Technical Operations teams to ensure goals are aligned across the network, creative is cohesive, messaging is consistent, and content is strategically distributed
- QC in-show graphics and video airchecks
- *This role supports a 24/7 business and must be willing to work weekends and an on-call rotation as needed* Schedule: Wednesday - Sunday
- Maintain daily strategic promotion plan (actual & scheduled) for snipes and other integrated tools
- Maintaining images and monitoring as-runs for QlikView dashboard
- Create and maintain various ad hoc reports as needed
- Responsibilities include translating promotion plans, coordinating appropriate creative, and maintaining support of all Integrated processes and procedures
- Support the overall management of Integrated Promotion strategy to ensure accuracy and optimization of daily workflow across all network platforms
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience as a scheduler in marketing or sales
- Knowledge of promotional and Editorial software such as Phoenix, Crossroad, SHOPS, or iNews/VIZrt helpful
- Experience working in a news environment to meet rapid changing priorities and deadlines
- General awareness of news and global events
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint - advanced preferred
- Creative thinker with the ability to contribute and introduce new ideas
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent business and interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal)
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Mass Communications or related field of study preferred.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.