Senior Gameplay Programmer 3C
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Engineering, Game Development/Publishing, Programming
Canada - Quebec - Montreal
Apr. 30, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewAbout WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames .
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Gameplay Programmer 3C to work closely with designers and the Gameplay Lead to design, explore, and implement various gameplay systems.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to create a great player experience.
- Collaborate with members of the team to build sustainable, performant and maintainable technologies and code.
- Play an active role in supporting the game, addressing both low level and high level issues.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
- 6+ years of experience in game development.
- Fluent in C++.
- Strong mathematics skills (linear algebra and trigonometry).
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, including game object management, AI/pathing, user interface or online networking.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming paradigms.
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Multiplayer architecture is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is preferred.
- Willing and able to provide mentorship for junior engineers.
- Ability to communicate with designers.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.