Team Lead, Security Ops Center
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
May. 14, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented
storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN,
DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
The Security Operations Center Team Lead will be responsible for leading and managing a team of first responders who are tasked to detect, analyze, respond to, report on, and prevent cybersecurity incidents.
The Team lead will also be accountable for driving new detection rules into the sensors and establishing new rules based on active threats and suspicious behaviors. As team lead, this individual must be highly organized and able to manage a Security Operations team.
- Directly manage 5 - 7 SOC Analysts
- Manage operations in deterring, identifying, monitoring, investigating, and analyzing computer network intrusions.
- Ensure events are properly identified, analyzed, and escalated to incidents.
- Perform analysis for security events as detected by various host and network-based tools
- Assist in the advancement of security policies, procedures, and automation
- Serve as the technical escalation point and mentor for lower-level analysts
- Document and communicate technical findings in case management solution
- Maintain a strong awareness of the current threat landscape
- Professionally communicate directly with end users, asset owners, colleagues
- 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 1-2 years' experience as a people manager or lead analyst on a security team
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead root cause analysis of problems.
- The ability to learn new technology and concepts quickly
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience with Splunk or other similar log solutions.
- Proficient with Linux, Windows, MAC Operating Systems and cmdline usage for all
- Knowledge of forensic evidence concepts
- Knowledge of exploits, vulnerabilities, malware families and network attack vectors.
- Knowledge of public cloud architecture and responding to security events, alerts, incidents in the cloud
- Strong knowledge of web applications and APIs Scripting (Perl, python, PowerShell, bash), RegEx and PCRE experience
- Familiarity with static and dynamic malware analysis.
- Knowledge of/about well-known networking protocols and services (FTP, HTTP, SSH, SMB, LDAP, etc.)
- Experience performing log analysis from a variety of sources
- Experience with Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, Endpoint Detection and Response Solutions
- Experience with Data Analytics a plus
- Effective in collaboration with teams in remote offices
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with people in a wide range of positions and levels
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.