Gameplay Camera Designer
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Game Development/Publishing, Graphics/Design/Art
Canada - Quebec - Montreal
Aug. 06, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewWB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Gameplay Camera Designer to work on our AAA console game.
The Camera Designer, working under the Animation Director and/or the Game Director, will be responsible to design, implement and fine-tune the gameplay combat cameras to ensure a smooth and seamless player experience through a rich and epic narrative experience. A successful Camera Designer will be able to collaborate with animators, programmers and other designers to create tools and camera solutions to create a dynamic and living world.
- Coordinate directly with representatives of multiple departments to design and implement an efficient pipeline for in-game combat cameras production;
- Create compelling combat cameras inside the game engine, in collaboration with designers and animators;
- Balance quality with efficiency when working under tight deadlines.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- Minimum of 3 years’ game development experience on AAA titles.
- Experienced with cinematic production or camera design.
- Experienced with character and camera animation in 3D software
- Ability to work under fast iteration / prototype processes.
- Unreal 4.
- Motion Builder
- Nice to have: Experienced with a Virtual camera process.
- Nice to have: Knowledge of programming languages at a scripting level.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- College Diploma in game-oriented 3D animation techniques or other equivalent training.
- Strong sense of composition, timing and editing
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Current on industry trends as it relates to modern game design and level design concepts.
- Ability to work closely with all project disciplines to ensure clear communication, troubleshooting and efficiency.
- Solid understanding of game art and processes to help in the development of workflow schedules and prioritization
- Capacity to ramp up quickly with custom toolsets and deliver assets within the confines of real time engine constraints and programming demands
- Communicate transparently across all levels of the organization to ensure alignment on goals.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.