Associate Producer, CNN Español
Editorial, News, Production/Post-Production, Television/Programming
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Jul. 30, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented
storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN,
DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThis is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
An Associate Producer for CNN en Español, works closely with line producers to assist them in putting together shows, helping to execute them from inception to completion.
Associate Producer duties include, but are not limited to:
- Writing scripts; coordinating with the international, national and affiliates desks to gather relevant video, sound and pkgs; working closely with graphics artists for other elements to enhance stories for shows.
- An AP is expected to assist supervisors and producers in the control room and should be able to handle live/breaking news coverage.
- He or she would produce live shots, coordinating logistics with correspondents, field producers, bureaus and freelancers.
- Exceptional communication skills are necessary.
- Assist producers with their editorial needs by helping gather information, video and graphics.
- In the process, APs will serve as a key individual who will coordinate closely with Media Supervisor at Media Operations.
- The AP will also have some writing responsibilities.
- 2+ years previous newsroom experience required.
- Basic typing and writing skills required.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Spanish language fluency, English language proficiency required.
- Video editing desired.
- News and business writing desired.
- Control room experience desired.
- College degree in journalism, or equivalent work experience.
- The preferred candidate is available to work any shift including overnights.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.