Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Creative, Other, Strategic Planning/Analysis
United Kingdom - London
Feb. 14, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Opportunity OverviewWho are we?
The Wizarding World is the media franchise and magical universe first established with J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter books and brought to the screen in the Warner Bros. movies, and which now extends to Universal theme parks with record breaking attendance, a Tony award-winning stage play, hit games, interactive experiences, global exhibitions, a new movie series in Fantastic Beasts and wide range of popular consumer products.
The Wizarding World Digital team is focused on using technology to deliver new and innovative experiences to fans of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts.
What part will you play?
- This new role in the Content team will help to shape and execute the content strategy using a mixture of their experience in evolving brand experiences digitally, with up-to-date industry insights and data-led decision-making. Working directly with the Head of Content, this role will lay the foundations for our ambitious plans as well as focusing on making sure the team delivers a high volume of content at an exceptional level of quality. You will:
- Take a key role in developing and executing the content strategy for Wizarding World Digital (WWD).
- Maintain frequent communication and bring a collaborative approach in order to help the Content team work most effectively with the Creative, Marketing, Commercial, Product and Engineering teams at WWD.
- Build strong and trusted relationships with our close JV partners, as well as further afield, with functional divisions, licensees and other third parties engaging in official Wizarding World activity.
- Keep up to date with news and innovations in the wider editorial, entertainment and general digital industries. And seek to apply these ideas and thinking from that research into the content development of WWD.
- Influence and indirectly manage the content creation across the website, app and social media channels run by WWD.
- Work closely with the content teams at other Wizarding World franchise touchpoints to ensure maximum collaboration and strong coordination – especially on important cross-franchise campaigns and always-on activity.
- Help to organise and run brainstorms and other ideation workstreams.
- Resilience to change and ability to patiently collaborate on “getting to yes” in the face of challenges or setbacks.
What do we require from you?
- Ruthless organisation and deadline focused.
- Unparalleled verbal and written communication skills.
- An obsession with consumer data and a desire to apply it to create effective and meaningful strategies.
- Proven ability to multi-task and switch gears quickly, we need a proactive person with a strong work ethic who can take control over their own workload in order to consistently deliver excellence.
- Proven track record in producing plans that include multiple different content types and on different platforms in the DTC / B2C environment.
- A passion for, and in-depth understanding of, digital platforms.
- Understanding and appreciation for fan culture in all its forms.
- Experience of working for a global entertainment franchise or elsewhere in the creative industries.
- JIRA and CMS understanding, specifically experience in Contentful, would be a plus.
- General affection for and knowledge of the Wizarding World franchise.
- Excellent lateral thinking and problem-solving skills.
Bonus points for?
- Previous experience working with a global franchise with key partners and collaborators working in different time zones and locations all over the world.