Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Game Design, Game Development/Publishing
United Kingdom - Wilmslow
Feb. 13, 2020
Opportunity OverviewAs a Games Designer for Playdemic, a division of WB Games Inc., on one of the world's leading mobile games, Golf Clash, you’d be expected to work on creating new features, improving existing features, maintaining live systems, helping with content creation and supporting releases within a live product.
You must have a keen understanding of leading mobile games and what makes the successful, ideally with experience working on competitive games and an understanding of the system required to make them.
Working closely with the UI/UX artists you’ll be responsible for crafting fun and engaging features from initial concept through to implementation and testing. You will have a keen eye for detail, expert knowledge of mobile game metrics and what impact different decisions will have on these, and a strong knowledge of system design.
Examples of relevant core skills & experience that will help you get this role;
- Significant games design experience where you were a key individual involved with the concepting, design and implementation of game features and systems.
- Experience of working on a team creating and supporting free-to-play games, mobile or otherwise.
- Other relevant experience working on mobile apps that have a significant daily active userbase.
- Educated to degree level or otherwise in an games design related subject.
- Experience of the game development process and lifecycle, working on games that were shipped or not.
- Experience of live game operations, supporting games and their active user base through maintenance, new feature deployment and live operations.
- Knowledge of successful mobile games in the market and what makes them successful.
- Excel/spreadsheet experience, especially in relation to modelling game systems and economies.
- An appetite to be an open-minded creative thinker, who uses objective strategies to help them develop the most successful games in the world.
What we can offer you
At Playdemic we know that the only way to make world class games is by hiring the most talented people and then creating the right environment to empower them to do their best work. We’ve recently moved into a brand new, purpose-built office space which balances ambitious design, brilliant workspaces with generous and indulgent breakout areas for co-working, socialising and meetings. Here some of the amazing features we’ve added to this space:
- Amazing looking, flexible, open plan workspaces.
- Interesting and varied meeting spaces.
- Height adjustable desks throughout.
- State of the art entertainment systems for people to socialise with at lunch or after work.
- One of the fanciest coffee machines you’ve ever seen, delivering awesome, barista-style beverages.
- We’ve even installed a beer tap!
- Being part of the Warner Bros. family – one of the world's largest media companies
- Regular health, wellbeing and social events
- Comprehensive Bonus Package
- Generous Company Pension
- Life Assurance
- Discounts on products
Founded in 2010 by leading Games Industry entrepreneurs, Playdemic is a BAFTA Award winning developer and publisher of mobile games, focused on creating fun and engaging, free-to-play game services for iOS and Android. These games include the global smash hit, Golf Clash.
We are a highly ambitious company committed to making chart-topping products. Our culture and values place great emphasis upon open communication, autonomy and empowerment. We believe in encouraging people to be the best they can be and giving them the tools to achieve their goals.
As a result of our acquisition by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Playdemic is embarking on a new phase of growth as we expand our teams to craft the next generation of hit mobile games that will be loved and played by millions of people the world over. As a result, we’re looking for the most talented, passionate and dedicated individuals to join us.
Our personality is to be ambitious and innovative and to encourage creative risk taking. This is combined with a flat and transparent approach to decision making that creates a shared culture of success.