Assistant Producer - Games
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Game Development/Publishing, Production/Post-Production
United Kingdom - Wilmslow
Feb. 13, 2020
Business Unit OverviewFounded in 2010, Playdemic is one of Europe’s leading mobile games companies. We focus on creating innovative, meaningful mobile games, that engage and delight players.
Our mission is to build games players love. We aim to surprise players with games that exceed their expectations and achieve this by putting playing experience first.
We believe that making the world’s best games requires incredibly talented people, a highly stimulating and supportive environment, and the freedom to pursue excellence. These three elements are the foundation of Playdemic and our biggest priority.
Opportunity OverviewIf you want to create games for millions of players to enjoy on the go, then this is the job you’ve been looking for. We’re seeking an Assistant Producer, at Playdemic, a division of WB Games Inc., to work with the Game Producer on all aspects of mobile game development. Working with a talented team of developers, designers and artists your job will be to help develop great game ideas into new releases or milestones.
Reporting to the Game Producer you will be responsible for supporting all aspects of new feature development and Live Op content creation to make sure we hit deadlines and deliver high quality fun new experiences to our players! You must be a well organised, hard working person with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You’ll be expected to maintain workflows, managing JIRA issues, help define and schedule tasks and ensure releases and launches run efficiently. This role is all about communication, and your input into the smooth running of the studio will be vital.
Examples of relevant core skills & experience that will help you get this role;
- Experience working in a Game Development studio or relevant production experience.
- Experienced with Production tools, including JIRA or similar task tracking solutions.
- Experience with Mobile platform release tools.
- Highly organised with excellent time management and communication skills.
- Work with the Producer and Designers to translate game designs and art concepts into game content.
- Work with the Producer and 3rd parties on localisation and outsource management.
- Experience with risk management and effective problem solver.
- Good combination of product sense (creative) and people skills.
- Detail orientated, quality focused and player centric.
- Collaborative and able to foster relationships.
- High levels of enthusiasm and drive.
- Curious and fast learner.
- Experience in developing, running and maintaining free-to-play, mobiles games.
- Agile project management experience advantageous.
- Experience in free to play games and micro transactions.
What we can offer you
At Playdemic we know that the only way to make world class games is by hiring the most talented people and then creating the right environment to empower them to do their best work. We’ve recently moved into a brand new, purpose-built office space which balances ambitious design, brilliant workspaces with generous and indulgent breakout areas for co-working, socialising and meetings. Here some of the amazing features we’ve added to this space:
- Amazing looking, flexible, open plan workspaces
- Interesting and varied meeting spaces
- Height adjustable desks throughout
- State of the art entertainment systems for people to socialise with at lunch or after work
- One of the fanciest coffee machines you’ve ever seen, delivering awesome, barista-style beverages
- We’ve even installed a beer tap!
- Being part of the Warner Bros. family – one of the world's largest media companies
- Regular health, wellbeing and social events
- Comprehensive Bonus Package
- Generous Company Pension
- Life Assurance
- Discounts on products
Founded in 2010 by leading Games Industry entrepreneurs, Playdemic is a BAFTA Award winning developer and publisher of mobile games, focused on creating fun and engaging, free-to-play game services for iOS and Android. These games include the global smash hit, Golf Clash.
We are a highly ambitious company committed to making chart-topping products. Our culture and values place great emphasis upon open communication, autonomy and empowerment. We believe in encouraging people to be the best they can be and giving them the tools to achieve their goals.
As a result of our acquisition by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Playdemic is embarking on a new phase of growth as we expand our teams to craft the next generation of hit mobile games that will be loved and played by millions of people the world over. As a result, we’re looking for the most talented, passionate and dedicated individuals to join us.
Our personality is to be ambitious and innovative and to encourage creative risk taking. This is combined with a flat and transparent approach to decision making that creates a shared culture.