Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Creative, Game Development/Publishing
United Kingdom - Wilmslow
Feb. 13, 2020
Business Unit OverviewFounded in 2010, Playdemic is one of Europe’s leading mobile games companies. We focus on creating innovative, meaningful mobile games, that engage and delight players.
Our mission is to build games players love. We aim to surprise players with games that exceed their expectations and achieve this by putting playing experience first.
We believe that making the world’s best games requires incredibly talented people, a highly stimulating and supportive environment, and the freedom to pursue excellence. These three elements are the foundation of Playdemic and our biggest priority.
Opportunity OverviewIf you want to create games for millions of players to enjoy on the go, then this is the job you’ve been looking for. We’re seeking an experienced 3D Artist at Playdemic, a division of WB Games Inc., to join our dedicated and dynamic team working on the smash hit Golf Clash to create high quality, desirable 3D assets which are for our regular content updates.
You will be an experienced, passionate and extremely creative individual who takes your career as a game artist seriously. You will also be able to communicate your ideas well both verbally and in writing, taking pride in seeing your ideas come to fruition.
Reporting to the Game Producer and 3D Art Lead you must be adaptable and open to critical review. You must have a strong portfolio of work demonstrating your experience in creating excellent looking 3D assets.
Examples of relevant core skills & experience that will help you get this role;
- Good level of experience using 3ds Max (or Maya, but with a willingness to switch).
- Experience of Photoshop.
- Can demonstrate a portfolio with examples of 3D environment creation, organic sculpts, hard surface objects/vehicles.
- Experience making textures by using hand painting and photo editing techniques.
- 3D modelling and UV layout suited to mobile platform, efficient use of limited polys and textures.
- Sketching ability to demonstrate ideas/concepts/explain processes.
- Good understanding of lighting/colour theory.
- Experience within a games studio, although we would consider graduates and industry entrants demonstrating a strong portfolio.
- Strong skillset in traditional 2D sketching, drawing, painting, and composition is beneficial.
- Understanding of shader design/implementation.
- Experience producing VFX for 3D games.
- Experience using World Machine, Z Brush, Marmoset Tool Bag, Substance Designer/Painter.
- 3d animation and rigging skills.
At Playdemic we know that the only way to make world class games is by hiring the most talented people and then creating the right environment to empower them to do their best work. We’ve recently moved into a brand new, purpose-built office space which balances ambitious design, brilliant workspaces with generous and indulgent breakout areas for co-working, socialising and meetings. Here some of the amazing features we’ve added to this space:
- Amazing looking, flexible, open plan workspaces.
- Interesting and varied meeting spaces.
- Height adjustable desks throughout.
- State of the art entertainment systems for people to socialise with at lunch or after work.
- One of the fanciest coffee machines you’ve ever seen, delivering awesome, barista-style beverages.
- We’ve even installed a beer tap!
- Being part of the Warner Bros. family – one of the world's largest media companies.
- Regular health, wellbeing and social events.
- Comprehensive Bonus Package.
- Generous Company Pension.
- Life Assurance.
- Discounts on products.
Founded in 2010 by leading Games Industry entrepreneurs, Playdemic is a BAFTA Award winning developer and publisher of mobile games, focused on creating fun and engaging, free-to-play game services for iOS and Android. These games include the global smash hit, Golf Clash.
We are a highly ambitious company committed to making chart-topping products. Our culture and values place great emphasis upon open communication, autonomy and empowerment. We believe in encouraging people to be the best they can be and giving them the tools to achieve their goals.
As a result of our acquisition by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Playdemic is embarking on a new phase of growth as we expand our teams to craft the next generation of hit mobile games that will be loved and played by millions of people the world over. As a result, we’re looking for the most talented, passionate and dedicated individuals to join us.