Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Game Development/Publishing, Graphics/Design/Art, Mobile
United States - California - San Francisco
Aug. 11, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. WB is an equal opportunity employer and will consider for employment qualified applicants consistent with the requirements of Article 49, Sections 4904-4905 and 4908-4910 of the San Francisco Police Code and all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit OverviewAt WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world’s most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
Warner Brothers Games, Inc. is looking for a talented and highly motivated Concept Artist to help us visualize the future of high-end mobile games. We are pushing the boundaries of the mobile hardware, and need a Concept Artist to help visualize a wide array of products in a wide variety of exciting Warner Bros. IP.
The Concept Artist will work with the Art Director to create a library of pre-visualization art that will help shape the overall look of the game. This work will cover multiple art styles and encompass both characters and environments. Towards the end of a project, they may chip in to help create textures and other assets that fit their skills.
- Creating pre-visualization of art 2d/3d art assets for pre-production and production.
- Painting textures for use in game.
- A demonstrable background in traditional art and art history is preferred.
- At least 3 years progressively complex industry experience within discipline.
- At least 2 titles from pre-production to ship, as an on-site member of a development team.
- The candidate must have an expert level understanding of Color theory, Perspective, and Anatomy, as well as a firm grasp on dramatic lighting for games/film. They should also be able to demonstrate an ability and willingness to work in multiple styles, from photo-real to highly stylized.
- A background in, or experience with Architectural design for games
- A background in, or experience with Entertainment Design.
- A background in, or experience with Product Design.
- A firm, demonstrable understanding of how 2D designs translate to 3D spaces.
- Experience painting in game textures.
- UI work.
- Experience doing production level 3D work.
- Visual storytelling – storyboarding for cinematics or to mock up game play scenarios.