VP, Studio Head - WB Games San Francisco
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - San Francisco
Feb. 14, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. WB is an equal opportunity employer and will consider for employment qualified applicants consistent with the requirements of Article 49, Sections 4904-4905 and 4908-4910 of the San Francisco Police Code and all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Opportunity OverviewThe Studio Head is responsible for leading the studio to develop new products, features, content and tactics to drive the success of live games. As the studio’s most senior leader, you will be responsible for setting an optimal organizational structure to leverage and coordinate all disciplines within the studio including Product Management, Production, Art, Engineering, Design, QA, etc. You will be responsible for cultivating a high-performing studio culture in the service of planning, developing and operating a slate of commercially successful games.
You will also provide overall management of project budgets and drive financial, timeliness, and quality targets set in conjunction with the publishing organization. You will ensure tight collaboration and coordination across the broader Warner Bros and WarnerMedia Group to leverage expertise, orchestrate efforts and maximize opportunities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for developing and achieving the mid to long-term strategic product objectives under their studio to develop great games that are compatible with the best interests of the company, customers and employees.
- Manages the creation of specific product plans as well as participating in the development of their portion of the overall Games Long Range Plan. Ensures optimization of internal development staff and the efficient use of sustainable outsourcing and shared services to keep product costs in check and that product development costs support a viable P&L for each product.
- Establishes and manages the overall studio leadership team. Shapes and communicates the overall vision, sets KPIs and communicates, motivates and inspires teams to achieve the vision and objectives.
- Responsible for maintaining a healthy company culture to the studio is a great place to work. Works with HR to create and manage the organizational structures for the studio to ensure clear purpose, solid accountability, efficient processes and effective communication.
- Ensures the timely submission of all product milestones and ongoing Green Light submissions and presentations. Ensures collaborative approach where feedback is appropriately considered and action items are set as needed.
- Works with studio leadership team to ensure the creation of long- and short-term strategies for process improvements and the implementation of best-in-class techniques and methods.
- Continually monitors the performance and metrics around the studio’s live games, ensuring the insights from in-game metrics, player feedback and competitive analysis are distilled into effective communication and decision-making processes. Leads a nimble, iterative development process within the studio to maximize product performance and player experience through features, content, promotions, integrations and other tactics.
- Ensures the studio maintains close partnerships with central product management, mobile publishing, marketing, business development, legal and other groups as required to ensure optimization of product opportunities that create awareness and drive additional revenue opportunities (e.g. partnerships, promotions, etc.).
- Ensures appropriate leverage of shared services such as Customer Support, Analytics, QA, Localization, etc. to benefit efficient studio operations and product success.
- Responsible for all legal issues related to studio. Works with WB Games legal group, taking appropriate steps to ensure our products conform to all legal constraints and parameters. Serves as business signatory for legal agreements.
- Significant game development experience, including a significant duration building and operating mobile games with teams of considerable size
- Experience operating at least one Top 25 Grossing title in a senior leadership capacity
- Superior understanding of game development and the production processes, especially within a live game environment
- Strong leadership skills required. Must be able to inspire confidence and foster teamwork and a shared vision among teams
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills are a must
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and verbal. Must be able to manage communications effectively across a large organization while motivating and inspiring action
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be diplomatic, able to influence others and build consensus across executive, employee and stakeholder interactions
- Exceptional product and project management skillset
- Strong competitive knowledge of the mobile games market (e.g. past and current game feature sets, title performance, marketing tactics, etc.).
- Intimate understanding of consumer trends, play patterns, monetization tactics, etc.
- College degree preferred
- Requires periodic travel (may include international travel)