Manager, Analytic Engineering - HBO Max
United States - New York - New York
Mar. 19, 2020
Opportunity OverviewHBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling. WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries. HBO Max launches in May 2020.
As the Manager, Analytic Engineering in the HBO Max Data Science team, you will play a critical role in managing and modeling analytic data and regulating data transformation /output to drive the delivery of well-defined, transformed, tested, documented, and code-reviewed data sets to analysts, data scientists, visualization and self-service platform.
As the Manager, Analytic Engineering, you will interact with many functional areas to understand their analytical and data requirements, and collaborate with data engineers, data scientists and analysts to ensure the proper end-to-end execution and on-going success of productionized analytics. The key to this role is deep understanding of the business, strong execution of the analytic data process and be able to apply the traditional data team function on data warehousing, data modeling and data architecture to the big data and analytic production setting.
- Lead the design, implement, and refine scalable analytic data model for a variety of stakeholders across WarnerMedia's direct to consumer division.
- Collaborate with data scientists and data engineers to define technical requirements and data translation.
- Work with solution analysts to understand the business problems, proactively design best-suited, robust and scalable data science endpoint.
- Build business logic, model and analytic end points and co-ordinate the update/refresh cycles across different functional areas.
- Evaluate and facilitate the integration of additional sources of data that can enhance analytic capability, continually improve quality and reliability of metadata pipelines.
- Enhance and document new processes and procedures for identifying and improving data quality and usage.
- Assist in the ML model deployment, model repository management and model performance management.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, engineering or equivalent experience.
- Track record of database development, management and ETL at cloud analytic big data setting.
- Expertise in the areas of AWS Cloud platform tools, Data warehousing tools such as Dynamo DB, Oracle, Snowflake, Data Modeling, Data Platforms EMR.
- Ability to work with multiple and disparate data sets, sources, formats, etc.
- Works independently and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility and comfort working in a dynamic, team environment with possible remote organization with minimal documentation and process.
- Familiar with machine learning algorithm and platform.
- Well-roundedness on analytic methodologies and execution.
- Experience and knowledge with various Business Intelligence reporting tools a plus.
- Entertainment or media industry a plus
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.