United States - New York - New York
Feb. 14, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Reporting to the EVPs of Documentary and Family programming, the VP serves as a pivotal part of the senior programming team responsible for development, production, acquisition and strategic positioning of Documentary and Family programming for HBO.
- Supervise editorial programmatic content through all phases of development, production, post-production and premiere on the network.
- Review high volume of incoming submissions and pitches to identify new and unique development and acquisition opportunities for the programming slate
- Cultivate relationships with filmmaking community, agents, festivals, marketers and broadcasters
- Serve as programming point for filmmaking talent and all inter-departmental issues related to business affairs, legal, media relations and all digital + traditional marketing, social media and outreach initiatives
- Strategic positioning of promotion and marketing efforts
- Employ data analytics in shaping roll out campaigns, scheduling and program planning
- Review and approve rigorously written program materials
- Represent HBO at film festivals, industry gatherings and conferences; serve as jury member, panelist, moderator, etc.
- Explore and work to develop new programmatic formats and digital/multi-platform initiatives
- BA degree
- Significant high level experience working in various capacities of non-fiction production, programming and promotion. (8+ years) across a range of platforms and outlets
- Strong writing skills/background
- experience managing and leading teams and contributors across many functions
- Extensive experience working for or directly with a range of program suppliers: from television networks to digital or multi-platform content providers for broad distribution
- Extensive experience working directly with creatives to shape programming
- Strong editorial experience shaping non-fiction content and working collaboratively with talent to produce the strongest possible programming for a network/outlet.
- Experience with co-productions, and international broadcasters and filmmaking talent a plus
- Extensive contacts with emerging talent and experience developing new formats a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, maturity, discretion, tact, initiative and enthusiasm are required.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure on multiple projects at once.