Data Scientist, Workforce Analytics
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Mar. 19, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit OverviewHR Services provides payroll, travel and expense, human resources, HRIS, IT and benefits administrative services to the Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies.
We are looking for a talented data scientist to join our Workforce Analytics function and will be responsible for predictive modeling and analysis of workforce data, to support our HR team to meet their goals and objectives.
As a data scientist, you are expected to formulate the questions that will help business and then proceed in solving them, and make independent decision on what tools, technology, methodology to apply to the work. You are also expected to build statistical models and advanced programming based on the business understanding. Data scientist is a someone who combines business understanding, data handling, programming, and data visualization skills to drive better business results.
- Responsible for developing statistical and machine learning solutions to identify WB overall and cross-business unit talent opportunities.
- Designing and implementing solutions utilizing a large array of know-how areas within analytics e.g. generalized regression, decision tree, non-parametric; and machine learning, e.g., gradient boosting, random forest, neural networks, clustering, pattern recognition.
- Communicate and present findings and recommendations to senior leadership team with WB, i.e. CHRO, HRLT, CFO.
- Provide input and guidance to the acquisition of data, partner opportunities and analytical competencies to strengthen Workforce data related capabilities.
- Provide guidance and assign work to junior data analysts.
- Bachelor or higher degree in engineering or quantitative discipline, or equivalent combination of training and work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of Experience in advanced data mining techniques and tools such as R and Python, and familiar with manipulating large-scale structured and unstructured data.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI.
- Proficient with statistics, data modeling, and analysis.
- Experience with SQL, relational database, database management.
- Experience in transforming goals/requests into a visual story to help end users identify areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.
- Consulting experience with a management consulting/software company preferred.
- Experience in HR system transactions preferred.
- Experience in process improvement, and finance/accounting preferred.
- Proven analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to learn quickly through instruction and self-training.
- Understands the functional and technical details, but can think strategically.
- Can be effective across disparate environments and work teams.
- Ability to manage priorities across different projects.
- Advanced skills in data analysis using database, spreadsheet, reporting software.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal & relationship building skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment. Able to identify needs, develop a plan of action and implement.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Self-starter who can think creatively and look for/develop elegant & viable solves for real world problems.
- Utilize discretion and judgment to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Desire to constantly improve and learn.
- Ability to work on a diverse scope of projects requiring detailed data analysis.
- Must be a supportive team member as an active participant and contributor.
- Must have an exploratory mindset.
- Must be solution oriented with the flexibility to work in a dynamic environment.
- Must have excellent time management skills to perform in a fast-paced, high pressure, high volume environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong attention to detail (excellent quality of deliverables).
- Must have the ability to tailor communication and messaging with varying levels of the organization.
- Must be able to reason through issues and resolve problems and work well under time constraints.
- Must be a team player and be flexible.
- Must be a motivated, confident self-starter.