Sr. Data Scientist, Predictive Analysis - HBO Max
Big Data/Analytics, Data Science
United States - California - Burbank
May. 21, 2020
Opportunity OverviewHBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling. WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries. HBO Max launches in May 2020.
The Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for leveraging data analytics, visualization and data science to help driving growth and improving retention for our new streaming service HBO Max. You will build data science models, perform advanced analytics and data mining to help business understating HBO Max consumers behaviors, drive improvements to acquisition and retention marketing. The Sr. Data Scientist will conceive analytic plans encompassing descriptive and predictive analytics, and unearth the story of the data, to help the company make informed choices that influence content, products, and our relationship with audiences. To achieve these objectives, this individual will mine data and apply machine learning techniques, using languages such as SQL, Python, and R. This role will work cross-functionally with data team, product team and closely with Marketing team.
- Apply supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques, such as linear and logistic regression, decision trees, and k-means clustering.
- Develop analyses segmentation, propensity models, KPI deep dives, marketing efficiency, behavioral clustering, customer lifetime value and customer journey analytics.
- Curate audiences and inform engagement tactics to enable differentiated, relevant marketing touches across CRM channels (email, in app, push).
- Synthesize analytics and statistical approaches into easy-to-consume storylines, both visually and verbally, and provide indicated actions for executive audiences.
- Capture business requirements for data and analytic solutions and collaborate with the Marketing team to ensure business requirements align with business needs.
- Analyze content promotions and surface insights that will help drive viewership and a more loyal customer base.
- Support day-to-day collaboration with Marketing to communicate insights and recommend data informed strategies.
- BA/BS in statistics, mathematics, economics, industrial engineering or other quantitative discipline.
- 3+ years of experience building data science models (Regression, Decision Trees, K-Means, etc.).
- Experience with large data sets and analytical tools.
- Proficiency in scripting languages (SQL, Python, R, etc.).
- Knowledge of a dashboarding language (Tableau, looker, etc.) or equivalent report building experience not required but a plus Other desired qualifications: - Strong curiosity, leadership and business acumen.
- Passionate about using data to drive strategy and product recommendations.
- Experience in subscription-based businesses or eCommerce preferred.
- Background with CRM preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, collaborate and influence.
- Ability to deliver on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- A developed creative taste and strong instinct for stories and experiences that will capture consumers.
- Actively engage in strategic conversations with social insights and community perspectives.
- Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels; exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills are a must.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.