Sr. Director, Marketing - HBO Max
United States - California - Burbank
Feb. 13, 2020
Opportunity OverviewHBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling. WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries. HBO Max launches in May 2020.
The Sr. Director Acquisitions Marketing will be responsible leading, growing and optimizing digital marketing and customer acquisition programs to drive new subscriber growth across WarnerMedia's direct to consumer platform. You will have a deep understanding of the video streaming industry and be a champion for the consumer. In this role, you will oversee acquisition media strategy, develop and execute acquisition campaigns, as well as balance longer-term strategic thinking. You will drive the analyses and interpretation of data to make recommendations to improve existing campaigns and developing new strategies.
- Oversee and lead media strategy for acquisition.
- Develop and execute acquisition media campaigns across all media mix channels.
- Be a strategic partner with data intelligence team to leverage data and insights to inform campaigns and develop dashboards to measure success.
- Analyze and interpret data with growth insights team to make recommendations to improve existing campaigns and develop new strategies that will inform future decisions.
- Work closely with insights team to design research plans and synthesize results to inform campaign creative, funnel optimization, and content activation strategy.
- Leverage market research, competitive analysis, and audience insights to think creatively about audience development across segmentation and targeting, leveraging appropriate channels and consumer messaging.
- Contribute and align with the editorial vision and strategy to push forward growth and engagement.
- Develop and optimize acquisition programs to push growth by combining data, technology and behavioral insights to drive, optimize, and innovate across all marketing channels and programs.
- Responsible for developing and delivering management reporting materials, reports and presentations.
- Partner with finance to create and manage campaign budgets and marketing spend.
- Work closely with retention, engagement and partner marketing teams to ensure alignment of campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and/or relevant experience; MBA a plus.
- 6-8 years of experience developing and driving the strategy of complex digitally focused acquisition marketing campaigns ideally for a direct to consumer product.
- 3 years of supervising, coaching and mentoring a team.
- Strong understanding of customer segmentation and how to address different needs of each consumer base.
- Ability to analyze, interpret data and use insights to inform marketing campaigns and make recommendations.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels; exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands-on leader who get in the trenches to drive work forward and manage a high output.
- Experience working in a highly fast-paced environment, being accountable and learning from mistakes.
- Must be knowledgeable on acquisition best practices, technologies, and trends.
- Strong presentation skills are a must.
- Strong passion for television, movies, entertainment, and technology.
- Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics and KPIs for business goals, process improvement projects, and campaign management.
- Ability to both think strategically and execute tactically.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.