Senior Release Manager
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - Massachusetts - Needham
Feb. 04, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit OverviewWB Games Boston, is a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its hit mobile game, Game of Thrones: Conquest.
WB Games Boston is looking to hire a Senior Release Manager / Live Ops Producer to support the game development and release process within the studio. This is a production role that requires some technical know-how and a great attention to detail.
The Senior Release Manager will be part of a team responsible for regular game updates in a live setting and is responsible for improving the product delivery pipeline with a continuous delivery mindset using both process and technology.
The number one priority for the Senior Release Manager is to ensure our internal and external customers within the development structure, have access to the latest content and development information with a smooth release cadence and process.
- Work closely with QA, Production, internal and external teams to prepare each build release for the customer. Track work within a given deployment, organize and communicate status to key internal stakeholders.
- Manage the process to merge code/data for releasing updates to the public.
- Work with development, production, and QA in the bug triage process to help to facilitate the resolution of issues for release.
- Coordinate with community management to create the internal and external release notes, list known issues, and make knowledge base updates.
- Communicate issues to all necessary parties and key stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the operations team to facilitate the live environment to support product releases.
- Assess the risks of release schedule, milestones, and deployment plans to ensure the safe and reliable release of any game update.
- 5+ years in a Project Manager, Development Manager, (Live) Producer or Quality Assurance role is required.
- A solid understanding of the software development life cycle, including a basic understanding of the game development process is required.
- Ability to guide development process pipeline to various environments and deploy to production.
- Familiarity with Android/iOS 1st party release management workflow.
- Strong understanding of client rollout methodology, canary client testing, and A/B testing.
- Strong passion for games and an understanding of the business surrounding games-as-a-service.
- Experience with game production tools like JIRA, and Excel is required.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a passion for cutting-edge game development is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Have the ability to interact with a variety of developers in tight-knit team as well as other internal teams.