Manager, Production Safety
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Mar. 26, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Warner Bros. Studio Operations seeks a Manager, Production Safety for the Safety & Environmental Affairs department. This position will be responsible for providing production safety guidance to assigned WBSO, WB TV, WB Theatrical, and any other WB-associated entities in many locations across the United States. This person will work closely with the Safety Department, Production personnel, Regulatory Agencies and various other Warner Bros. Management and departments to reinforce safety standards.
- PRIORITIZE: This position determines which projects have a higher risk potential and takes appropriate actions to increase safety factors. This position determines when a WB Safety presence is needed, how to increase compliance with required regulatory matters, and develops relationships with in order to assess Production experience level and need for monitoring.
- COMMUNICATE CONCERNS: In order to reduce foreseeable potentially hazardous activities, this position is responsible to discuss potential concerns with appropriate department heads. Concerns include: unusual locations, stunts, stunt rigging, special effects, proximity of action to actors, employees, or the public. Responsible to assess all potential hazards to employees, the public at large, and property.
- PRESENCE: This position takes appropriate actions to increase safety on productions and the WB Lot, based on experience and information. Some visits are announced and others are not. When time is available and another WB production is nearby, this position maximizes opportunities to visit multiple sites.
- RESOLVE PERCIEVED SAFETY ISSUES: This position is able to work effectively with Productions and Departments to alter elements as needed, to reduce perceived risk by management, cast or crew.
- RESPOND FLEXIBLY AND APPROPRIATELY: When significant changes are made impacting crew, public or property safety, these elements are to be discussed with WB Risk Management, Safety Management, and/or the WB production executive. Whenever unresolved issues regarding employee safety remain a concern, this position remains on site and acts as oversight until a resolution is reached.
- REGULATORY LIAISON: This position acts as the liaison between applicable local regulatory agencies to comply and enforce government mandates. This position will ensure WB Safety expectations are met, studio protocols are followed, required documentation is maintained, compliance with mandatory training and credentials, and will also assist with notifications required by specific States, Agencies, and WBSO Departments. Researches shooting locations to ensure compliance with the US Federal; US State; or local environmental regulations.
- PARTICIPATE IN INVESTIGATIONS: Address and assist with agency investigations, find any problems, eliminate or minimize fines, maintain WB’s standards, and avoid repeat violations.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Responsible to provide leadership that achieves effective health and safety programs for diverse occupations across divisions at WB. These programs will meet all requirements of Cal/OSHA or other applicable agencies. This position ensures compliance with all required programs, effectively communicating specific safety mandates, critical employee training, inspection requirements, and safety communications to supervisors.
- IMPROVE INDUSTRY SAFETY: Will stay informed and participate in pertinent technical production topics addressed by the Industry Wide Labor-Management Safety Committee. Works with the Safety Pass Training Center and will review material applicable to production and ensure course content that is relevant, understandable, and achievable by production employees.
- High School diploma required, BS degree in relevant area preferred, Safety/Environmental certification preferred.
- Strong communication skills are required for this position as this person will be interacting with all levels of personnel on a regular basis.
- 5+ years of previous leadership experience working with productions, television or features including action shows, reality television and single camera strongly preferred.
- Candidates with knowledge of critical aspects of film making including camera positioning, framing, visual effects, POV, FX equipment and routine stunt parameters and stunt performer protection.