Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Game Design, Game Development/Publishing
United States - Utah - Salt Lake City
Apr. 13, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit OverviewAvalanche Software has been in the video game business for over 22 years. Formerly a Disney Interactive company, Avalanche was acquired by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment in 2016. The studio's first title under WBIE was a companion video game to Cars 3 in partnership with Warner Bros., Disney, and Pixar. We are at the top of our game and excited to be a part of WBIE Interactive! We can’t wait to share what’s next in the world of immersive experiences!
WB Games is looking for an experienced Lead Game Designer to help develop the product vision as we endeavor to create an unannounced AAA console title. You’ll be partnering with our creative leaders and experienced develops to help drive innovation and excellence in gaming within our talented studio along the Wasatch Mountains in beautiful Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Work closely with the Creative Director, leads and game teams to help define the product vision.
- Develop compelling game loops, systems, narrative and gameplay progression.
- Work closely with engineering and art teams to develop and deliver against the product vision.
- Collaborate with producers and consumer insights to test and validate design direction.
- Actively share knowledge within area of expertise and influence other related disciplines.
- Build on the culture of inclusivity and growth through coaching, career management and mentorship.
- Assess new market trends, features, technologies and emerging techniques to stay competitive with top tier developers and titles.
- Work closely with production to manage development schedules, bug tracking, studio initiatives, and overall team health and morale.
- Recruit, mentor, and develop high performing creative individuals.
- A willingness to get deep into the game making process and lead by example the hands-on effort needed to see a project through to high quality completion.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the entire product development cycle from initial concept to ship, including any and all follow up DLC content and marketing materials.
- A strong knowledge of game design principles, theories, and contemporary game trends.
- Advanced degree in Game Design or equivalent practical experience.
- Well versed in all aspects of game design including systems, narrative, progression and level design.
- Highly adept at deconstructing competitive game design elements and mechanics and correlating that understanding with player experience and satisfaction.
- Strong communication skills to give fellow team members, executive staff and other relevant parties a clear understanding of all project materials including individual game elements, product vision, design direction and deliverables.
- Effective presentation skills to clearly describe and champion the products vision and core game elements to executive teams, marketing groups and property stakeholders.
- Big picture thinking that can see past personal bias and envision outcomes outside of your familiar creative comfort zone.
- The ability to understand and incorporate all relevant data and metrics throughout the entirety of the project.
- Hands-on experience in the development process in the areas of scripting, art, level layout and/or gameplay mechanics and systems strongly recommended.
- Highly proficient in working in a fast-paced and constantly changing creative environment.
- A deep love of video games.