Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Game Development/Publishing, Graphics/Design/Art
United Kingdom - Manchester
Feb. 04, 2020
Business Unit OverviewTT Games was established in 2005 with the merger of games publisher Giant Interactive and the developer Traveller's Tales. TT Games was acquired by Warner Bros. in 2007. The company is proud to continue its mission to be the leading publisher of interactive entertainment for young gamers and their families as part of Warner Media and to develop exciting new content.
Opportunity OverviewAs a Technical Artist at TT Games Studios Limited, a division of WB Games Inc., you will be working alongside an enthusiastic team of developers helping to drive and deliver the next generation of games created at TT.
The successful candidate will enjoy the challenge of developing new tools and production pipelines whilst also improving existing tech. You will need to have a proactive approach to tasks alongside a friendly and approachable personality, as you will often be the main point of contact within the team when any issues arise.
Being a creative and logical person with the ability to communicate your ideas clearly is a must, as you will often be the main link between code and art.
- Passion for tools and pipelines with a focus on future areas and trends.
- Easygoing attitude - being flexible with new ideas and most importantly open to direction and iteration.
- Comfortable working and developing in a multi-platform, multi-project environment.
- Ability to communicate and work with artists, coders & designers in a dynamic team environment.
- Constantly reviewing tools, pipelines and tech, ensuring the team are working efficiently.
- Proactively use knowledge and experience to identify and solve problems before they affect the development team.
- Willing to help others and ask for help where needed.
- Prepared to learn new tools during production.
- Proactive in sharing information and assets.
- A keen gamer and an appreciation of the visuals and user experience on all platforms.
- Games industry experience is preferred, having shipped title(s) on PS4, Xbox One or Switch.
- Excellent technical skills to manage assets that fit memory, design, and frame rate limitations.
- Expert knowledge in at least one of following areas: Modelling, Shaders / Materials, Animation and Vfx
- Debug and assist fixing art issues within the game.
- Excellent at both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Experience implementing efficient Rigs for Characters / Vehicles.
- Character skinning and physics simulation setup.
- Great working knowledge and proficiency in Autodesk Maya and Adobe Photoshop
- Experience at creating Custom Tools, Scripts and Shaders
- We make AAA quality games that have to be intuitive and slick. You would need to be hungry to make them even better!
- Knowledge of software like 3DSMax, ZBrush, Houdini, Modo, Substance Designer / Painter.
- Experience in MEL, Python, C# scripting.
- Knowledge of game engines such as Unity or Unreal.
About TT Games
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With 30 years of success behind our studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, we have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
In late 2016 we were extremely proud to be joined by Playdemic, one of the UK’s most successful free-to-play mobile games developers and publishers. Their most recent title, Golf Clash, is a top-grossing smash hit on iOS and Android. Exciting news continued into 2017 as TT Odyssey was established, founded by some of the leading talent in the mobile games industry. TT Odyssey is the Brighton based, mobile-focused arm of Traveller’s Tales, designing from the ground-up a LEGO video game as a free to play mobile title.
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join our AAA studio and to be part of everything we do, because we know it is the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our 30 years of success possible.
TT Games offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly – one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we’re most proud of include: flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!