Sr Security Tools Engineer
Information Security, Technology/Information Technology
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Mar. 25, 2020
Opportunity OverviewThe WarnerMedia Story
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
45 years ago, we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at WarnerMedia, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including [adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports- which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League. You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
The Senior Security Tools Engineer leads the configuration of the tools which manage the security posture of WarnerMedia. The position also assists in implementing and maintaining corporate security standards, technologies, and processes/procedures. The engineer administers, monitors and maintains security infrastructure. This includes but is not limited to application and container security tools, security orchestration solutions, security information and event monitoring (SIEM), system logging and analysis, and vulnerability assessment programs.
As a senior member of the team, the role requires the ability to lead junior team members through the strategy directed by senior management. In addition to technical skills, the senior security tools engineer is process-oriented and results-oriented and demonstrates effective problem-solving and communication skills. The senior security tools engineer often serves as a subject matter expert for colleagues and line-of-business managers, and experience with multiple technologies, compliance requirements and risk analysis methodologies are crucial.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- At least 5-7+ years' experience in cybersecurity, including compliance and risk management with a security engineering background.
- Highly technical and analytical expertise, with a proven deep background in technology design, implementation and delivery.
- Extensive knowledge of traditional security controls and technologies, such as SIEM systems and public key infrastructure (PKI), in addition to newer offerings such security automation and orchestration, and application controls.
- Experience driving measurable improvement in monitoring and response capabilities at scale.
- Experience administering SIEM systems, security automation and orchestration solutions, and other system monitoring tools.
- Track record of acting with integrity, taking pride in work, seeking to excel, being curious and adaptable, and communicating effectively.
- Experience with scripting languages such as BASH, Shell, and Python
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux and Unix.
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with one or more of the following: ISO 27001, NIST, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), or Center for Internet Security (CIS) standards
- Familiarity with configuration management tools, such as Ansible or Chef
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code tools, such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience with Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR), Container Security, Threat Intelligence, or Vulnerability Management tool.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.