Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Feb. 04, 2020
Opportunity OverviewNew Press Officer – 12-month FTC
If you’re looking for your next PR role in a fast-paced, challenging and innovative environment, then this could be the perfect opportunity!
As a Press Officer, you’ll ensure the smooth running of the PR department by working closely with the PR & Communications team to realize the internal and external PR plan for the Studio Tour. The role is expected to work independently and take overall responsibility for projects and activity. They will be proactively generating stories and ensuring the PR agencies are working to their maximum capacity.
This will include copywriting and proof reading, media relations, and general press office functions. The business employs the services of PR/Press Agencies in France, Germany, the UK and US who manage day-to-day relationship with consumer press.
Press and Publicity
- Proactively come up with and execute media campaigns for all newsworthy activities and stories relating to the site, in collaboration with the PR and Comms Team
- Deputise for the PR & Communications Manager as required
- Manage in-house press enquiries
- Write press releases, photo captions and photocall notices
- Lead some press outreach projects alongside PR agency
- Oversee the briefing and filming of features videos and new EPK
- In collaboration with the PR and Comms Manager, liaise with franchise partners and approval stakeholders around franchise opportunities
- Brief spokespeople ahead of interviews
- Be a brand guardian
- Manage PR agencies on a day-to-day basis
- Manage and run television shoots
- Support the PR and Comms team with drafting crisis management responses and media monitoring as and when needed
- Support the PR and Comms team on wider projects under the Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden group
Communication and copywriting
- Coordinate press releases, photocall invitations, press pack material and other promotional literature targeted at all relevant media areas
- Create content for ongoing media partnerships and award nominations
- Ensure all communications are accurate, of a high standard, and true to WB corporate standards
- Act as content editor for the website – proof-reading all copy and taking a key role in its production – in order to maintain a consistent house style
- Organise and deliver regular staff briefings around new features and events
- Work closely with Digital Marketing team to deliver accurate, consistent and on-brand email communications throughout the year
Press Events and Special Visitors
- Support PR & Comms Assistant with ticket requests across disciplines and departments for VIPs, social media and talent visits
- Ensure the above are met, briefed and the Studio Tour gains relevant coverage
- Coordinate and take ownership of media events at the attraction such as photocalls and conferences, both on- and off-site
- Attend trade and industry events to represent the Studio Tour (occasionally overseas)
- Handle behind-the-scenes talent to support Studio Tour features
- Handle broadcast opportunities with TV outlets overseeing the entire process from legal agreements to filming
- Help create PR worthy Studio Tour campaigns
- Talent handling during key Studio Tour events
- Help organise and run press junkets and photocalls for launches
- Circulate key media coverage and ensure displays are updated ensuring that media is monitored, and competitor coverage compiled
- Deliver monthly and quarterly statistics and media reports as required
The Successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience of crisis and reputational management
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including the proven ability to proof others work for accuracy
- Previous experience working with Press & PR, ideally gained within a film or entertainment, leisure, tourism, museum, heritage environment
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and media software packages
- Ability to multi-task, adapt and react to a fast-changing environment.
- Experience of briefing journalists, developing news stories and press releases, at national and regional level
- Experience of executing PR campaigns and events including talent handling and briefing.
Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden (WBSL) is a purpose built, state-of-the-art film and television studio offering one of the largest facilities in the UK. This 200-acre secure site has a half a million square feet of stage space, a back-lot tank, one of the largest heated underwater filming tanks in Europe and a 100 acre back-lot. It also owns Set-Lighting and Rigging - a rentals division, WB De Lane Lea - a post-production facility and Leavesden Park - a contemporary office complex. It is the only Hollywood owned studio of its calibre to be operated in the UK.
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter is the only place in the world to showcase the authentic sets, props and behind-the-scenes secrets of the films at the location where they were made. It has attracted over 12 million visitors since opening in 2012 and has received over 40,000 reviews on TripAdvisor with 96% rating the experience as ‘excellent’ or ‘very good’. Since launching, additions to the Tour include Platform 9 ¾ featuring the original Hogwarts Express, the Forbidden Forest and Gringotts Wizarding Bank.
In December 2018 WBSL acquired the Platform 9 ¾ group which sells Heathrow Terminal 5, and Gatwick’s North Terminal, as well as opening stores at The Cursed Child theatre productions in London, New York and Melbourne.