Digital Media Production Specialist (Freelance)
United States - New York - New York
Jan. 14, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
The Digital Media Production Specialist (Freelance) will function in a variety of capacities for the Digital Media Production group which is part of the Marketing team here at HBO. We are looking for a technical individual who understands the post-production process from beginning to end. He or she will work closely with post-production representatives from both HBO's East & West Coast Post-Production teams as well as our independent production houses. The Specialist will be primarily responsible for the secure delivery and/or transfer of pre-air content from each of HBO's post-production teams (Succession, Westworld, etc.) to and from the HBO Post Facility in NY as well as a variety of Marketing vendors around the world. In addition to an in-depth knowledge of post-production workflows, the qualified candidate will also be well versed in digital cinema cameras and file types, file capture, file export, transcoding/encoding, color and file delivery systems. He or she will also be responsible for the secure transfer, cataloging, ingest and archiving of all Marketing-related shoot material captured in the field. Good organization, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines is key.
- Responsible for evaluating, ingesting, cataloging and archiving all original Marketing shoot material and determining the most efficient file-based workflows for producers and/or post-productions houses.
- Assist the Manager, DMP with providing council and guidance to HBO Marketing post-production vendors as it pertains to the ingest, edit, export and delivery of content while also helping to manage delivery timelines and expectations.
- Work on a daily basis with production houses, movie studios and HBO Post-Production teams in NY and LA to evaluate all media to ensure delivery meets HBO’s required promotional specifications
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably in Communications / TV / Film
- Willingness to work a shifted schedule (approximately 12pm-8pm)
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in a Post-Production / Media Management environment.
- Knowledge of AVID NEXIS & PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT (INTERPLAY) system as well as Adobe Creative Suite workflows a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of file encoding/transcoding and delivery systems.
- Strong organizational, communication, and written skills.
- Ability to juggle many projects at once and remain organized and professional.
- Customer service attitude willing to go “above and beyond” to ensure successful outcomes for our producers and shows.
- Willing to sign an NDA and keep confidential material secret and secure.