Field Producer - (Temporary)
United States - Remote - Remote
Jan. 14, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented
storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN,
DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThis is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Field Producer is responsible for generating, pitching and executing creative, enterprise reporting and story ideas, particularly character driven stories for television and digital. This job is located in Baton Rouge,Lousiana.
- The Producer must collaborate with editors, photojournalists, bookers, show and segment producers and writers.
- Identify and develop stories.
- Offer input into interview subjects and conduct pre-interviews that provide depth, insight and balance.
- Conduct research and identify, acquire and organize distinctive archival footage and existing CNN material.
- Help craft story lines, write scripts, field produce and/or remotely supervise field production, supervise the edit process, obtain necessary legal clearance, and vet their individual projects.
- The Producer must be capable of highly produced live segments.
- The position requires 50% travel.
- Applicant will have 4 years plus of hands on field producing on a network level or major market experience.
- This position requires a proven story teller with excellent writing skills, someone with a record of identifying and producing character driven, textured pieces with correspondents and anchors.
- This producer must demonstrate they know how to successfully complete compelling pieces in the experiential form of reporting, which is actively taking the viewer through a story from a firsthand perspective.
- Candidates would be required to have an extensive all platform journalism background, being able to produce distinct material for CNN television networks as well as writing news and feature submissions for CNN.com.
- Candidates must possess great research and digging skills, investigative producing background is desired.
- Proven and experienced photographer on Sony XD Cameras and ability to edit proficiently.
- Prior experience directing and managing crews in the field is desired.
- Extensive knowledge of Satellite trucks and the ability to Site Supervise in breaking news and Event and Show Coverage for multiple CNN networks.
- The position requires significant travel.
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.