HBO LA Summer 2020 Intern- HBO Films
United States - California - Santa Monica
Jan. 13, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
HBO Films/Miniseries/Cinemax is responsible for the original Films, non-fiction Miniseries and Cinemax programming that airs on the services (i.e. DEADWOOD, CHERNOBYL, WARRIOR, etc.). Interns will function primarily as support to department assistants as well as be responsible for basic office maintenance.
- Replenishing supplies (printer paper, staples, etc.)
- Copying, scanning, filing, printer maintenance
- Assisting with research projects
- Food/Coffee/inter-office runs
- Support Films department executives and assistants and provide desk coverage, when needed
- Prepare conference rooms for departmental meetings
- Script analysis (beat sheets, comparisons, etc.)
- Preferably enrolled in a course of Film/Television study but not required
- Basic PC skills (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Independent, self-starter, proactive and motivated to learn.
- Previous entertainment intern experience preferred
- Some previous work experience recommended (retail, office, volunteer, etc.)
- Ability to work in a team environment
The summer program runs for 10 weeks from June to August.
Passionate about Film, TV, Media & Entertainment. Able to work in Los Angeles and secure housing accomodations. (HBO will not cover the cost of housing). Prior internship experience a plus. All internship positions are paid.
Please keep in mind the application process is very competitive. Should there be an interest in your candidacy, an HR representative will contact you.