HBO LA Summer 2020 Intern- Finance
United States - California - Santa Monica
Jan. 13, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
The interns will assist in all three areas of West Coast Finance - Corporate, Production, and Planning.
- Assist Corporate Finance with the monthly financial reporting for HBO’s programming, including the forecast and close
- Assist Production Finance with reviewing production budgets and running show cost estimates
- Assist Planning with the review of production models and talent contract info, as well as the annual Budget book process
- Knowledge of Accounting and/or Finance through related coursework or prior experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
The summer program runs for 10 weeks from June to August. Able to work in Los Angeles and secure housing accommodations (HBO will not cover the cost of housing).
Passionate about Film, TV, Media & Entertainment. Prior internship experience a plus. All internship positions are paid.
Please keep in mind the application process is very competitive. Should there be an interest in your candidacy, an HR representative will contact you.