HBO LA Summer 2020 Intern- Business Affairs
United States - California - Santa Monica
Jan. 13, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
HBO seeks Business Affairs interns for summer 2020. The interns will support the LA Business Affairs departments supporting HBO Films, Miniseries and Cinemax departments.
Responsibilities include assisting the Business Affairs Manager with administrative duties such as filing, drafting of correspondence, interoffice memos and compiling information for deal charts. Entering actor, director, writer and producer deals into a database, creating binders and running documents to our Finance department. Supporting staff to disseminate deal terms and option advisories. Organizing and maintaining legal files per Business Affairs’ strict specifications. Dissecting current deals and entering them into a rights database.
- Candidates should be detail oriented, organized and enthusiastic.
- They must possess a good work ethic and understand the sensitive nature of the information they will be handling on a daily basis.
- Must have ability to execute tasks precisely as instructed to ensure proper maintenance of project files, and to ensure timely and accurate payments.
- The ability to read legalese is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Due to the exposure of highly sensitive information, a first year law student or prelaw undergraduate (preferably junior or senior) is preferred.
- Communication (verbal & written) skills are key.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
Passionate about Film, TV, Media & Entertainment. Prior internship experience a plus. All internship positions are paid.
Please keep in mind the application process is very competitive. Should there be an interest in your candidacy, an HR representative will contact you.