United States - District of Columbia - Washington
Jan. 13, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented
storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN,
DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises.
Opportunity OverviewThe WarnerMedia Story
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are CNN. THE WORLD’S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
CNN Digital is seeking a freelance front-end developer to join the Interactives team, part of our newly established Visuals team. The person in this role will work primarily with the politics team in DC to help produce visual narratives and coverage, while also collaborating with the broader visuals team and journalists across the organization.
You'll help bring ideas to life with code, spanning from daily news graphics and visualizations to large-scale projects that advance the way we tell stories in the digital space. We're flexible on your exact skillset as long as you bring curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Lead technical development of medium to longer-term projects, working with other developers on the team when needed.
- Works to iterate on our existing templates and tools, and works with the team to create news ones when necessary.
- Develop and maintains a firm understanding of the larger technical infrastructure of CNN Digital, working with colleagues in other departments to find better ways to integrate the team's work within our growing suite of products.
- Maintains an open line of communication with project collaborators to ensure shared understanding of concepts and deadlines.
- Additionally, you'll have some combination of editing experience, data analysis (R, Python, Node, etc.), experience with more advanced JS libraries (React, three.js, etc), or mapping and graphics skills (Illustrator, AI2html, QGIS).
- You should be a quick learner, eager to adopt new tools and methods Attention to detail, strong communication skills, and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced newsroom environment are crucial Interest in politics is a plus.
- Interface design experience is a huge plus, as is past experience working in news media.
- The ability to work on a team is a must.
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.