Director, Business Affairs
United States - New York - New York
Jan. 14, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
Director, Business Affairs
- Structures and negotiates complex business deals, typically where precedent has been set, for assigned clients.
- Negotiates or participates in negotiating deal terms and documents agreements for both scripted and unscripted programs.
- Ensures that affected internal functions and external parties understand and receive deal terms.
- Monitors deal terms for compliance.
- Reviews and approves applicable budgets.
- Reviews and approves production, marketing and publicity materials related to deals.
- Coordinate with legal department on matters related to the development and production of scripted and unscripted programs.
- Reviews and coordinates the approval of applicable budgets.
- Negotiates on-air talent agreements pertaining to individuals featured in programming.
- Manages production company and/or Executive Producer agreements.
- Evaluation of copyright and other intellectual property issued to ensure legal compliance.
- Reviews the title, E & O, and credits issues in addition to other general troubleshooting on assigned projects.
- Helps influence and advise network executives on all matters pertaining to deal structure and business models.
- Cultivate and maintain key entertainment industry relationships with talent agents, production companies/producers, entertainment lawyers and talent management.
- 5-7 years of experience in entertainment business affairs or comparable transactional practice.
- B.S. or B.A. Degree / Graduate Degree (J.D. or M.B.A.) required
- Understanding of network and streaming deals including production company, executive producer, talent, third party licensing agreements and media terminology.
- Familiarity with guild and union rules/procedures.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.