HBO NY Summer 2020 Intern – WarnerMedia Technology Cloud Platforms
United States - New York - New York
Jan. 13, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
This Intern will be working as part of WarnerMedia’s Cloud Admin & support team that is providing a DevOps support for WarnerMedia’s Cloud data platforms on AWS and on Snowflake. Snowflake is an analytic data warehouse provided as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). This data platform supports different business units like Marketing and Research. Consumer analytics is one key outcome of this data platform. This Intern will be implementing a phase of an ongoing data operations maturity project.
- Learn data platforms on the cloud
- Learn analytics tools like Looker and Snap Logic
- Learn WarnerMedia’s Cloud Infrastructure and applications
- Review WarnerMedia’s data analytics platform and tools
- Develop and implement a monitoring solution for Snowflake data delivery, data availability and data quality
- Research on new data and analytics tools on the cloud and recommend for enhancements
- Good understanding of Cloud / AWS
- Basic computer science and programming skills
- Fundamentals of DBMS, data structure and SQL
- Fundamentals of Bigdata / Python
- Awareness on consumer analytics
- Basic knowledge on Snowflake is a plus
- Highly motivated to learn new technology preferred
- Some Knowledge on media business preferred
- Some Knowledge on content delivery / usage on various (mobile) devices preferred
The summer program runs for 10 weeks from June to August. Eligible students must be rising juniors or seniors enrolled in a degree granting university or college.
Able to work in New York and secure housing accommodations (HBO will not cover the cost of housing). Passionate about Film, TV, Media & Entertainment.
Prior internship experience a plus. All internship positions are paid.
Please keep in mind the application process is very competitive. Should there be an interest in your candidacy, an HR representative will contact you.