United States - New York - New York
Jan. 13, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented
storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN,
DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThe Team
WarnerMedia, a leading media conglomerate, creates & programs world-class content in the news, entertainment and sports verticals. WarnerMedia content reaches hundreds of millions of consumers globally and in the US via TV and digital distribution. WarnerMedia's consumer-facing brands include CNN, CNNMoney, Bleacher Report, tbs, TNT, Cartoon Network, along with deep relationships with sports leagues such as the NBA, MLB, and NCAA March Madness.
As the subject-matter expert on Turner's Digital Sports advertising properties and products, the Account Manager will help us grow our industry-leading digital media practice.
To thrive in this role, candidates must understand the Turner publishing ecosystem and associated products by means of providing strategic recommendations and execution plans across our site properties, including NBA, NCAA, PGA, ELEAGUE, and Bleacher Report.
The Account Manager is the post-sale day-to-day contact and liaison to our advertising clients as well as internal departments - Advertising Sales, Advertising Operations, Editorial, Inventory Management, and Finance - in addition to supporting projects and tasks assigned by management.
Responsibilities of this role include: providing "white-glove" client service, overseeing execution, reporting and optimization, and supporting the Sales team in recognizing 100% of revenue.
- The primary purpose of this position is to be the first point of contact to our clients and to provide "white-glove" treatment in order to ensure flawless execution of digital ad campaigns from implementation to completion.
- The Account Manager exists between internal departments and clients and more importantly adds value to each group they interface with.
- They are a master of processes and best practices at Turner Sports Digital and make sure that all parties adhere to these while bringing a thoughtful and supportive point of view to the table.
- They are subject matter experts and provide strategic recommendations and perspective to clients while being in lock step with their Account Executive.
- To accomplish this, the Account Manager will: coordinate communication with internal and external stakeholders; partner with Editorial, Marketing and Engineering on the implementation and development of custom programs such as content series and promotions; work closely with Programming on effectively driving views to custom programs; plus effectively showcase milestones and successes of campaigns through weekly and wrap-up reports back to clients and Sales.
- The Account Manager will oversee campaign-related tasks for an assigned Account Coordinator.
- This includes teaching the Account Coordinator basics of the role and industry, helping them master all of their job functions at Turner Sports, and generally supporting them as necessary until the Account Coordinator becomes a valuable and self-sufficient member of the team.
- The Account Manager is responsible for performance optimizations to campaigns, ensuring revenue delivery and performance goals are achieved both internally and externally.
- The position will regularly review campaign pacing with Operations and review campaign reports regularly from our ad server and other data sources.
- The Account Manager will prepare campaign reports and wrap up presentations highlighting major successes and opportunities and is able to identify up-sell opportunities for future campaigns.
- Bachelor's degree equivalent or higher level of education
- 3+ years digital work experience, preferably in media
- Comfortable in a client-facing, consultative environment
- A team-player with an entrepreneurial spirit, desire to "change the game"
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; active listening abilities, great attention to detail
- Superior project management skills; comfort with multi-tasking and handling conflicting priorities
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to think strategically
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions based on data
- Self-starter who is a quick learner and capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly learn new technology platforms and an interest to learn
- Excel proficiency including pivot tables, chart-making, and manipulation of large data sets
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.