HBO NY Summer 2020 Intern- Business Affairs
United States - New York - New York
Jan. 13, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
HBO seeks Business Affairs interns for summer 2020. The interns will support the New York Business Affairs departments supporting HBO Production, Music Rights/Clearances, Film Programming and HBO Creative Marketing and Marketing groups. This will include assisting a production team that supports all of HBO Production with logistical and operational coverage for studio and long format productions. Assist with clearing, assessing, tracking rights to music, footage and photos used in HBO shows, documentaries, Sports programing and promos. Assist the Film Programming team in all functions of the acquisition process for Major, Indie and Latino content (through HBO’s established Output partners, Library and the growing Latino/Indie film-maker market). Maintaining and organizing filing systems; submit fully executed contracts to Legal Department, assist with administration and management of Legal Department files and records.
- Passion for operations and coordinating television productions.
- Research skills, archival, database and library skills would be a plus.
- Metadata and database knowledge would be a plus as would an interest in contracts/license agreements.
- Comfort / Awareness of film sites: (IMDB PRO, Box Office Mojo, Studio System, Variety, Hollywood Reporter, Deadline).
- Spanish speaking (desired but NOT required).
- Must be a self-starter and able to multi-task
- Must know Microsoft office applications including excel
- The summer program runs for 10 weeks from June to August.
Able to work in New York and secure housing accommodations (HBO will not cover the cost of housing).
- Passionate about Film, TV, Media & Entertainment. Prior internship experience a plus.
- All internship positions are paid.
- Please keep in mind the application process is very competitive.
- Should there be an interest in your candidacy, an HR representative will contact you.