Sr Software Developer
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Jan. 13, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented
storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN,
DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises.
Opportunity OverviewThe Team
The Consumer Data Platform Team is responsible for building scalable solutions that enable Warner Media brands such as HBO, CNN, Team Coco, Warner Bros., and more, to keep their applications compliant with data privacy laws such as CCPA and GDPR. In addition, the team is responsible for building first party data solutions that give Warner Media and our customers better control over data we collect within our apps.
The Sr. Software Developer is a major contributor to the success of Warner Media initiatives on the Consumer Data Platforms team. This role is heavily focused on system architecture, design, implementation and operations. As a senior developer, you will work with a team of software engineers through the architecture, design, implementation and operation phases of applications within the Cloud Platforms team.
- Creating GraphQL and RESTful web services /API's using Node.js with or without framework assistance
- Develop dynamic and data driven solutions for web, mobile, and connected devices, debugging, integration, documentation and deployment in accordance with industry best practices.
- Participate in workflow design and analyze existing production and implementation processes to ensure scalable solutions.
- Consistently meet or exceed deadlines on projects.
- Assist in maintaining operational queue and backlogs.
- Contribute to task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for development and maintenance activities.
- Participate in the analysis, definition, and scoping of efficient, cost effective solutions.
- Take responsibility for feature-focused unit and system testing
- Research new technologies; provide ideas for technical or workflow / process improvements, provide input to overall architectural standards, development tools, and development initiatives.
- Must be able to implement solutions within the context of the available infrastructure, considering scalability, availability, reliability, stability, security and performance.
- Provide on-call support as assigned
- Extensive experience with cloud-based software system architectures.
- Experience using agile processes (Scrum, Kanban)
- Must have experience with operational support of internet delivered products.
- Must have experience with various performance monitors and have the ability to diagnose operation issues.
- Proficient in building web services using node.js
- Experience building and deploying containerized applications
- Experience in building scalable solutions utilizing AWS
- Extensive experience building web, mobile, and/or connected device applications
- Proficient in use of one or more popular centralized or distributed (preferred) source control tools and services such as: Git, Github, Mercurial, Bitbucket, Perforce, SVN, CVS, etc.
- BS in Computer Science, engineering, MIS, or equivalent education/training/experience
- Experience with Swift
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience with Brightscript