Field Engineering Manager
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Jan. 14, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented
storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN,
DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThe Team
45 years ago, we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at WarnerMedia, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including [adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports- which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League. You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
This Broadcast Engineering expert and managerial professional is tasked with leading an engineering team that provides technical support of remote productions for Turner news & entertainment networks.
- This person will provide situational and developmental leadership, supplying direction and coaching of engineering personnel.
- The individual is accountable for the performance of individuals and the team as a whole.
- This person will be in charge of staff scheduling and coordination of technical equipment to meet the needs of the needs of pre-planned remote productions and breaking news stories.
- He / she will report to, and work with, the Director of Domestic Field Engineering on high level operational decisions.
- The individual will be onsite overseeing large and complex remote events.
- Bachelor's degree in applied electronics/ IT, or comparable experience
- 5+ years' experience in radio and or television, including trouble shooting, maintenance and design of remote pack systems for production, transmission, quality control 4+ years in managerial / supervisory role
- Project Management experience
- Experience producing professional and comprehensive project documentation
- HD systems design and/or maintenance a definite plus
- Proficient with AutoCAD / Visio applications
- Experience leading large production events
- Experience with IT Network systems
- ITIL Framework experience desired
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands