Sr. Manager, Data Engineering - HBO Max
Big Data/Analytics, Data Science
United States - California - Burbank, United States - Washington - Seattle
May. 18, 2020
Opportunity OverviewHBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling. WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries. HBO Max launches in May 2020.
As the Senior Manager, Data Engineering, you will be responsible for building and delivering scalable data solutions to develop and grow Warner Media's direct to consumer streaming service, HBO Max.
In this role, you will partner with a world class team of data architects, data scientists, software engineers and others to grow analytics capabilities that will be used to inform business decisions, product optimizations, and product design.
The Senior Manager, Data Engineering will be responsible for developing an overarching data governance framework to effectively and successfully manage large amounts of data.
- Lead, manage and provide technical direction and guidance to a team of data engineers by empowering team members to deliver results.
- Develop software engineering best practices, guidelines, procedures, repeatable and scalable frameworks.
- Develop an overarching data governance framework to successfully manage large amounts of data, ensuring compliance with regulations while maintaining data integrity and accessibility.
- Partner with peers in marketing, research, product, BI, data science and content intelligence team to plan and execute a comprehensive data road map.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or a related field.
- 10+ years' experience managing high volume data environments.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing an engineering team.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in Algorithms and Data Structures.
- Strong Software Engineering and coding skills with significant experience in Data Platforms and core AWS services.
- Expertise in Data Integration tools such as SQL, Spark, Scala, Python, Data Bricks, Airflow, R, Machine Learning.
- Passionate about television, movies, entertainment, and technology is a plus.
- Deep understanding of the video streaming industry and be a champion for the consumer.
- Strong experience in system analysis, data modeling, data architecture, and data warehousing tools such as DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, RDS, Oracle, Redshift and MPP/Cloud Data Warehouses such as Snowflake.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Hands on experience with various Business Intelligence reporting tools such as Looker and Tableau.
- Experience with Digital Marketing tools, Advertising platforms and Marketing platforms.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Ability to produce quality results in an evolving, fast-paced environment.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.