Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented
storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN,
DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThis is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Are you a storyteller? Do you want to be integral in delivering news as it happens to a global audience? If so, then this is your job. The Field Producer is a part of our frontline in domestic newsgathering. We break news, tell stories and find stories in a fast-paced environment.
- The Field Producer is responsible for generating, pitching and executing creative, enterprise reporting and story ideas, particularly character driven stories for television and digital.
- The Field Producer must collaborate with editors, photojournalists, bookers, show and segment producers and writers.
- S/he identifies and develops stories, offers input into interview subjects and conducts pre-interviews that provide depth, insight and balance, conducts research and identifies, acquires and organizes distinctive archival footage and existing CNN material to help craft story lines, write scripts, field produce and/or remotely supervise field production.
- The Field Producer supervises the edit process, obtains necessary legal clearance, and vets their individual projects.
- The Producer must be capable of coordinating highly produced live segments.
- The position requires at least 50% travel.
- 5 to 7 years news experience.
- A proven story teller with excellent writing skills, someone with a record of pitching and producing character driven, textured pieces with correspondents and anchors.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete compelling pieces in the experiential form of reporting, which is actively taking the viewer through a story from a firsthand perspective.
- Proficiency in producing distinct material for CNN television networks as well as writing news and feature submissions for CNN.com.
- Ability to shoot in multiple formats preferred (Canon, Sony, GoPro, camera stabilizers), as well basic editing skills (Premiere).
- Capable of package producing occasionally, ranging from a basic catch to driving a piece in its entirety under tight time constraints (inception, element gathering, writing, assembly with a video editor).
- Experience working in the field with reporters setting up stories and handling live shots, all under extremely tight deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel extensively with little notice.
- Assignment desk experience a plus: clearing information for reporting, allocation of production resources, heavy multitasking during breaking news.
- Proficiency in Spanish desired.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.