Manager, Enterprise Privacy Engagement
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Feb. 12, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWB Technology combines Warner Bros.’ industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio’s enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
Warner Bros. Technical Operations Inc. seeks a Manager, Enterprise Privacy Engagement for the Content Technology & Ops: Content Operations department. The Manager, Enterprise Privacy Engagement will develop and oversee a program to engage, educate, and connect all DTC (direct-to-consumer) facing product teams across WB to ensure consistent compliance with global privacy regulations. The program will be a key driver of a cultural shift toward a data privacy and compliance by design ecosystem within the studio leveraging common technology frameworks. This position will work closely with product owners, customer support teams, brand marketing, corporate communications, business, and tech teams across the studio to ensure that a privacy and compliance by design culture is established, operating models are in line with requirements and best practices, and deploy training and awareness that will help to ensure that regulatory compliance standards are being met. They will work with their leadership and counterparts to ensure that a studio level change management and communications roadmap for privacy is developed and implemented. They will partner and coordinate closely with WarnerMedia to ensure alignment with the overall data privacy and compliance driven strategy. This position will anchor all product / asset owners across common themes and initiatives to drive consistent approaches to privacy and improve the cycle time for product updates
- Program Management: Develop a community of practice program that includes multiple “audience”/stakeholder groups across the studio for the purpose of driving awareness and engagement with our data privacy strategy. In partnership with Privacy Operations & Engineering, serve as a key anchor for all product / asset owners to drive consistent approaches to privacy and improve the cycle time for product updates. Create and operate an incentive program to optimize the Community of Practice.
- Engagement: Work in partnership with cross-divisional and cross functional teams to ensure that the Privacy roadmap is effectively analyzed and that a complementary engagement plan is developed. The engagement plan will recognize and create opportunities to connect the right technology and legal outputs with the business stakeholders who need information and resources. It will seek to understand and articulate the impacts to operations for various audiences. Create, develop, and maintain and materials to be referenced and used by various groups across the company.
- Client Relations: Liaise regularly with business unit and Technology leaders and teams to communicate high level changes and business impacts, and serve as a connection point to the technology and privacy teams to address issues that arise within the business related to the operations or implementation of privacy practices. Deploy various means of educating the business on those impacts and drive cross functional engagement, discussion, and learning about data privacy, the impacts, and the opportunities Bring external resources to the Community of Practice to advise on mobile and web trends, new technologies and future privacy trends.
- Communications & Knowledge Management: Develop and maintain a comprehensive communications roadmap for the privacy program and ensure alignment with Warner Media and other studio comms efforts as well as needed tactical comms related to training, engagement, program updates, etc. Manage a system and create processes to keep information updated and establish a framework for where information needs to be published in order for the right groups to access it when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience required.
- 7+ years’ experience with team leadership and direct people & performance management experience required.
- 7+ years’ experience assisting technical and/or legal project teams in defining project impacts, change management scope and required resources.
- 7 + years of experience developing major project communications.
- At least 5 years of experiencing developing and implementing stakeholder engagement programs in large scale organizations leverage best practices, recommended deliverables, project milestones and measurable success metrics , preferably for software implementations.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with ability to communicate with senior leadership and at any level in the organization.
- Ability to communicate concisely.
- Able to work as a member of a core project team to drive change and influence the adoption of new ideas across a large organization.
- Proficient in MS Word, Project, PowerPoint, Visio and Excel.
- 5+ years of service operations leadership experience a plus.
- Experience working with high level executive management required.
- Vendor contract negotiation experience required.
- Financial/P&L management experience required.
- Project/Program management or related business experience preferred.
- Media Industry experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to work with clients and customers at all levels and develop effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Excellent Leadership skills; able to influence and delegate.
- Ability to manage processes to meet or exceed service level agreements.
- Knowledge of financial management and reporting practices.
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
- Must be able communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel (in person, written, telephone).
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime, if and when necessary.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.