Technology Summer 2020 Intern - [NBA.com] Software Engineering
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Jan. 13, 2020
Opportunity OverviewAbout Us
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TCM, truTV and others.
See what it’s like to work at WarnerMedia! Discover more about the program and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does our department do?
The NBA Digital engineering team aligns technology to the priorities that are important to the business. We enable news to be delivered on a global scale through means that include the web, mobile apps, connected devices, feeds, and affiliations. The engineering team’s focus is to make sure that software is optimized and highly available so the business to reach its goals.
What will you be doing?
- Assist the engineering team develop a new platform
- Build a presentation layer with React and React Native
- Interact with data through GraphQL
- Write front end unit tests
- Document development workflows
- Follow the agile development framework
- Computer science major
- Solid ability to communicate
- Some experience cloud-based toolsets
- Database administration
- Data access control knowledge
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are May 26, 2020 – August 7, 2020. All interns are expected to work 40 hours per week and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
WarnerMedia and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.