Systems/Software Developer II
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Jan. 13, 2020
Opportunity OverviewThe WarnerMedia Story
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Cloud Engineers design and manage IT infrastructure in Public Clouds (AWS, Azure).
- They are responsible for understanding the infrastructure and platform services offered by the public cloud vendor and where their use is appropriate.
- They need to create the design artifacts to both explain the infrastructure to their fellow humans, and to deploy the infrastructure into the public cloud.
- As the public cloud resides outside of the typical Turner security controls, Cloud Engineers must be security minded and implement security measures in multiple layers of their implementation.
- Cloud Engineers frequently work with:
- Systems engineers, who focus on on-prem infrastructure or own applications running in public cloud
- Software developers, who focus on code authoring in the cloud
- Systems architects, who focus on large scale system relationships
- Business analysts, who gather business requirements
- Vendors, who create many of the components Cloud Engineers deploy
- BS in Computer Science, Software or other Engineering or related field required
- 3+ years’ experience in systems administration or software development
- 2+ years’ experience automating tasks in at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.)
- Experience with general IT infrastructure (storage, networking, etc.) highly desirable
- Experience with enterprise support systems and the ITIL framework highly desirable
- Experience with application and infrastructure monitoring and analytics
- 2+ years’ experience implementing AWS IT Infrastructure including: Assumed Roles Multi Account strategy IAM Policy Lambda SPS SSM AWS SDK
- Python or Node or Java AWS CLI API Gateway with Lambda or Ec2 backend
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, Gradle, Jira. and Confluence is a plus
- Demonstrable excellent design skills and the related strengths in clearly articulating difficult technical concepts and information
- Should exhibit good system engineering skills (e.g., common industry database design and practices, application architectures, operating systems concepts, networking, etc.) in addition to skills in application development.