Dec. 17, 2019
DC Comics seeks an Associate Editor for the Editorial- DC Comics department. This position assists Group Editor and Editor in creation, development and maintenance of DC Comics.
- Assists Group Editor and Editor with creation and development of DC new print and/or digital comic’s lines.
- Edits minimum two books, under Editor or Group Editor supervision.
- Copyedits and proofreads books to ensure accuracy.
- Assists Editors in maintaining story continuity.
- Identifies and recommends potential talent and maintains relationships with current talent.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- College degree or equivalent experience required.
- 2+ years related experience as assistant editor or above.
- Knowledge of comic book industry strongly preferred.
- Copyediting and proofreading skills preferred.
- Knowledge of core Comic Book mythologies and terminology.
- Knowledge of art, ability to discuss composition, color, and design required.
- Proficiency in MS Office/outlook or MAC equivalent.
- Proficiency in Abobe Acrobat and Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop.
- Travel: Domestic travel – occasional.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.