Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Canada - Quebec - Montreal
Feb. 04, 2020
WB Games Montreal, a division of WB Games, Inc. is looking for a Associate Producer to work on a AAA game. As part of the production team, you will work closely with producers and other disciplines to support the development of mobile games based on Warner Brothers’ high-profile brands.
Planning, Coordination & Execution
Manages Multiple Priorities:
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task.
- Prioritizes a variety of competing tasks in a fastpaced environment by determining the relative importance of tasks/projects.
- Switches gears quickly or efficiently.
- Ensures things are done using efficient and effective alternatives while maintaining or improving the quality of services, processes or programs.
- Develops plans for simple projects, which involves determining milestones, organizing resources, assessing the impact of the project on others, and effectively communicating at appropriate stages.
Driving for Results
Achieves Performance Expectations:
- Consistently meets business goals/objectives and standards of performance, although can require help for organization and prioritization.
- Identifies and uses new or more precise ways of meeting goals by demonstrating clear understanding of the performance expectations of the role (accurately states expectations).
- Takes ownership and pride in own work, seeing things through to completion and ensuring quality standards are met.
- Fully meets performance expectations through efficient use of time and effective studio day-to-day activities.
Judgment & Decision Making
Gathers Information to Make Basic Decisions:
- Gathers and refers to all available information (internal and external) pertinent to a given situation.
- Seeks out the perspectives of others (even if not directly involved) to gain insight into a situation or decision objectively and rationally.
- Is constantly looking for the most effective, efficient and productive course of action.
Collaborates Within One’s Area:
- Proactively seeks others’ ideas to generate plans and solve problems, rather than to achieve buy-in into one’s own ideas, and demonstrates respect by incorporating peers’ ideas into decisions when possible.
- Offers support to peers without waiting to be asked, looking to assist proactively.
- Gives credit to others for their ideas and support, not needing to be seen as “the one with the idea”.
Manages and Informs the team:
- Keeps people informed and up-to-date – ensures the group or individual team members have the necessary information to do their job.
- Takes action to build people’s commitment; solicits their ideas and involves them in decisionmaking processes.
- Consistently informs people on what is happening, especially during times of change.
- Communicates a direction; explains what needs to be done and why.
- Explains the reasons for a decision or change, and how it will affect their roles or positions, highlighting the future benefits of the decision or change.
- Solicits input from team members by encouraging their ideas and contributions.
Checks Understanding and Clarifies:
- Demonstrates objective and active listening.
- Asks probing questions to gain a clear understanding of the issue or question at hand.
- Seeks to ensure that messages are clearly understood, useful and timely.
- Correctly interprets non-verbal cues.
- Participates to check understanding, and invites open dialogue.
- Seeks out the facts and pertinent information before drawing conclusions.
- Is able to anticipate someone’s next action based on an understanding of their behaviour.
Impact & Influence
Adapts Actions or Words to Persuade:
- Makes different types of arguments or points in a presentation or discussion to persuade others.
- Adapts a presentation or discussion to appeal to the interest and level of others.
- Anticipates how others will respond and takes a well thought out, tailored approach in order to have specific impact; adapts language, tone, style and content to the interest and level of the audience.
- “Sells” own ideas by linking them to the values, needs and goals of others.
Applies Rules Flexibility:
- Alters normal procedures or guidelines to fit a specific situation to get a task done and/or meet goals (within acceptable boundaries). (Temporarily altering procedures or guidelines is in contrast to changing processes in a more permanent way.)
- Juggles multiple tasks, putting one or more on hold to handle an immediate need, and then returning to the original activities.
- Adjusts behaviour to meet changing demands.
- Exercises judgment to decide when special cases require flexibility in applying policies and procedures.
- 1-2 years working as an Assistant Producer or Production Coordinator (or equivalent) in the videogame industry
- Experience working with JIRA and/or other task and bug tracking tools
- An understanding of the product development cycle (processes and workflows)
- Strong project and time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve problems, juggle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Willingness to learn current systems and work with team to gain deeper understanding
- Famililarity with development methodogies such as Scrum, Agile, Waterfall, etc.
- Ability to work under tight schedules in a high-stress environment
- Excellent written, oral, and email communication skills
- Enthusiastic, positive, and team oriented attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience in other areas of game development
- College degree in a related discipline