Game Designer, Big Pixel
United Kingdom - London
Dec. 02, 2019
Opportunity OverviewJoin Big Pixel, a small studio making big games with unmistakable character.
As the creators of Pocket Mortys, we’re dedicated to making exciting games for millions of Rick and Morty fans. Based in Shoreditch, London, we’re on the lookout for talented and motivated individuals to play a major role in the continued success of Pocket Mortys and the development of new mobile titles.
Role: You are a passionate and tenacious free-to-play game designer. This is a wide-ranging role, stretching from integration and balancing of new content right through to high-level ideation of new features. You’ll be playing a major role in the success of the studio’s upcoming unannounced titles.
• Implementation. Design, balance & implement quests and mechanics for an engaging RPG.
• A Problem Solver. Design tools for use within the quest/level design pipeline. As well as identifying and solving issues with the current quest design pipeline.
• Own and deliver features. At Big Pixel, everyone is invited to take part in the design process. Game Designers are expected to lead the team through brainstorming, be responsible for documentation, write User Stories and constantly review features and builds.
• Champion your Designs. The Game Designer must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally. They must be able to not just present, but really sell ideas to developers, managers and players in a clear and passionate manner.
● Shipped at least one Mobile Free-to-Play game (RPG is preferable)
● Experience creating & balancing content, preferably within an RPG environment
● Able to develop ideas and sell them to management and the dev team.
● Experience working with Unity (placing assets, implementing quest logic) Desirable:
● An understanding of how to design to improve core KPIs.
● Passion for writing and narrative design
● Worked on a Live Game (RPG is preferable)
• High-profile and popular IP - Rick and Morty
• Industry-leading bonus scheme
• Double-matched pension scheme
• Generous benefits package (health, dental, fitness, to name a few)
• Part of the WarnerMedia family, including HBO, CNN, TNT, Cartoon Network and Adult Swim Games.
Diversity Statement At Big Pixel Studios we are committed to promoting and building an inclusive studio. We want and celebrate diversity within our team, difference makes us and the games we make better. We strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation to apply for any of our vacancies. Come work with us!