Level Designer (Contract)
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Canada - Quebec - Montreal
Feb. 04, 2020
About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames .
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Level Designer for a 6 months contract renewable, to be responsible for level creation, AI Encounters and scripting.
Work with the Lead Level Designer and Programmers to design, implement and maintain levels and encounters.
Collaborate with Programmers and Artists to ensure effective integration of game design, art, animation, and technology.
Troubleshoot design elements; implement bug fixes and iterations based on need. Work with the testing department throughout the project to ensure the game plays and performs as intended.
Ability to own and iterate content to AAA quality with minimum supervision.
- Using UNREAL 4 as well as proprietary WB tools to create and debug content.
- Work closely with other level designers and programmers/artists/animators
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
- 3+ years of game/level design experience plus a record of designing levels for successful, published software products.
- Having shipped a minimum of one AAA title.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills including a high standard of written English.
- Strong scripting ability (Blueprint, Kismet, LUA…).
- Strong environment/Layout creation and iteration skills.
- Knowledge of Unreal is a plus.
- Art or engineering skills a plus.
- Proficient with 3D Studio MAX or MAYA a definite plus.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.