Data Analytics Placement
United Kingdom - London
Dec. 11, 2019
Opportunity OverviewWho we are:
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies, truTV and others. WarnerMedia is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T).
What part you will play:
This is an exciting opportunity to apply, develop and grow your data science skills. The International Data Analytics Instrumentation team is responsible for developing, implementing and reporting insights of performance of key digital properties of the business in the global market. Data Science is being used to create actionable insights and technical proof-of-concept solutions to provide targeted growth opportunities or savings directly within the global business.
The successful candidate will work and learn new skills under the supervision of International Program Manager and will have the opportunity to learn state-of-the-art data analytic techniques applied to real world applications in the media industry from the instrumentation consultant team. Some of the key activities include;
- Work on targeted projects through this supervision to deliver and implement data analytics according to Global Standards.
- Create detailed technical requirements for core analytics including SDRs, Visual Variable maps, requirements translation documents and implementation guides
- Configure report suites, variables, events, classifications
- Create bespoke visualisations to enable better data driven decision making in specific targeted projects
- Experience in statistics, mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering or any similar quantitative discipline
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills, to explain your work to technical and non-technical stakeholders who may not understand the mechanics behind data analysis
- Experience in mathematical modelling, statistics and data science techniques is desirable
- Passion and interest in keeping up with today’s media and technology developments
- Ability to self-learn and a passion for data science
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- A salary of £20,575, 23 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and 5 days paid volunteering leave to take part in charitable activities
- Insight into the day-to-day work of a global media company, and the chance to learn valuable skills for your future career
- A broad range of exciting tasks, with support and guidance from your team
- Company-wide training, as well as bespoke learning opportunities for our intern community
- You will be one of around 20 interns meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Please click here to view more information about our placement programme and timescales.
For hints and tips about the application process click here
WarnerMedia recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.