Audience & Data Analytics Placement
United Kingdom - London
Nov. 29, 2019
Opportunity OverviewWho we are:
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies, truTV and others. WarnerMedia is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T).
What part you will play:
The Data Analytics Intern role sits within the Intelligence & Analytics pillar of the CNNIC (CNN International Commercial division) Audiences & Data team. The CNNIC Audiences & Data team sits at the heart of the CNNIC business ensuring that data-driven insights underpin our decision making, campaign performance as well as the commercial strategy of CNN International.
The core purpose of the Intelligence and Analytics team is to bridge the gap between our data & analytics service offering and ad sales strategy & digital operations specialties of CNNIC. Delivering on our Audience & Data vision requires:
- Putting data at the heart of the conversation focused on the measures that matter
- Organising ourselves for success through consistency, centralisation and collaboration to turn insights into change & action
- Creating a data discipline that allows us to be better, smarter and more efficient with what we do with data & insights
What we require from you:
- Candidate should have an interest in modelling (econometric or advanced statistical analysis), digital analytics
- Candidate will have good experience using statistical software packages or have a willingness to learn new tools, data analysis techniques and applied statistics
- Must have demonstrably quantitative skills and the ability to roll up sleeves and dig into the numbers
- Must demonstrate collaborative team building skills, as will be required to work external and internal resources into new marketing effectiveness territories
- Candidate must have a strong attention to detail, and be able to quality check their own work to ensure that data anomalies/mistakes are caught prior to delivery of the analysis to the client teams
- Must be able to cultivate excellent relationships with technology and research partners
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with a high standard of quality
- Hands on, problem solving abilities – “can do” approach (so someone who is a thinker and a doer)
- Excellent Word & PowerPoint skills
- Excellent Excel skills – with advanced skills such as VBA preferable
- Programming and coding language skills using R, Python, etc
- Good understanding of research concepts and survey methodologies
- A fully-rounded knowledge of digital media buying and delivery (process, tagging, latest developments, formats)
- Working knowledge of digital performance platforms like Abode, Quantcast, ComScore, DFP, Freewheel, Moat
What’s on offer:
- A salary of £20,575, 23 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and 5 days paid volunteering leave to take part in charitable activities
- Insight into the day-to-day work of a global media company, and the chance to learn valuable skills for your future career
- A broad range of exciting tasks, with support and guidance from your team
- Company-wide training, as well as bespoke learning opportunities for our intern community
- You will be one of around 20 interns meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Please click here to view more information about our placement programme and timescales.
For hints and tips about the application process click here
WarnerMedia recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.