Finance Placement- CNN
United Kingdom - London
Nov. 29, 2019
Opportunity OverviewWho we are:
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies, truTV and others. WarnerMedia is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T).
What part you will play:
As a Finance Intern in the CNN International Commercial (CNNIC) finance team, you will be an integral part of a team who provide financial and strategic support to the key stakeholders. This is a fantastic opportunity to take on real responsibility within a supportive and encouraging business environment that will provide you with a great foundation for your future career.
The role includes tasks such as (but not limited to): providing analysis to the finance team to assess actual performance versus forecasts, assisting with the preparation of forecasts and preparing reporting schedules in collaboration with the Finance Analyst, Manager and Director.
What do we require from you:
- The ideal candidate will be studying for a degree in Accounting/Finance with an expected grade of 2:1 or above
- Good knowledge in Excel and PowerPoint, and overall computer skills
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Keen interest in the media industry
- Willingness to further explore and develop Excel skills
What’s on offer:
- A salary of £20,575, 23 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and 5 days paid volunteering leave to take part in charitable activities
- Insight into the day-to-day work of a global media company, and the chance to learn valuable skills for your future career
- A broad range of exciting tasks, with support and guidance from your team
- Company-wide training, as well as bespoke learning opportunities for our intern community
- You will be one of around 20 interns meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Please click here to view more information about our placement programme and timescales.
For hints and tips about the application process click here
WarnerMedia recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.