PR Placement- CNN
United Kingdom - London
Nov. 29, 2019
Opportunity OverviewWho we are:
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies, truTV and others. WarnerMedia is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T).
What part you will play:
The intern will report to the Press Officer, provide support to the PR team and collaborate with CNN colleagues and other interns internationally. The role will support PR for sponsored programming content and assist the editorial PR team for publicity around news and current affairs.
The successful candidate will fulfil duties including;
- Monitoring and collating the daily press coverage
- Drafting press releases
- Collating and drafting monthly programming highlights
- Preparing regular coverage reports
What we require from you:
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Keen interest in international media
- Time management
- Interest in developing a career within PR
- Social media skills
- Interest in news
What’s on offer:
- A salary of £20,575, 23 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and 5 days paid volunteering leave to take part in charitable activities
- Insight into the day-to-day work of a global media company, and the chance to learn valuable skills for your future career
- A broad range of exciting tasks, with support and guidance from your team
- Company-wide training, as well as bespoke learning opportunities for our intern community
- You will be one of around 20 interns meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
For hints and tips about the application process click here
WarnerMedia recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.